Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Backpack Traits

To be honest, I'm completely against the idea of backpacks. It seems needless, and while I understand the appeal of sorting items by rarity, suffixes, etc that could be possible with backpacks in a sort of psuedo-inventory, they don't serve much real purpose. There are those who would argue that they're amazing for whatever reason, but in essence they are simply 14 extra inventory slots with very little appeal except that they are a neat-o primordial item. This would be different if the backpacks modified your drops a bit: Say, you are limited to equipping one or two backpacks that modify your drops based on randomly rolled effects.

These would include:
Increased Suffix/Trait Chances
Increased Rarity of Drops
(Increased Backpack Slots?)
Increased Coin Drop Amount/Chance
Etc.

Of course, these stats could be mixed and matched in a number of ways to both increase and decrease each of the respective chances.
Those who have already obtained a backpack will receive a random roll on their backpack when/if this change is pressed.
Find

N O P E
O
P
E

^
What that guy said
Im a weeb since I play Osu! aparrently, Enchantable's fault

Keep in mind that people only have 30 slots at the start. There's a bunch of crystals I like to keep because why not. I keep some other weapons on me too. Survive also likes to give you lots of weapons sometimes. I think it's fine as it is.
Find

BACKPACK OF THE PHOENIX

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

I like backpacks because im a hoarder and i need slots to hold my good weapons
Find

Once again, not sure why everyone is against this. I'm not saying that my suggestion should be implemented verbatim, but backpacks should seriously do something other than add inventory slots that could otherwise just be added onto the main inventory with no hassle of worrying about taking items out of your backpack before you trade or duel them, etc.

Again, backpacks are just inventory slots. That's all they are. 14 inventory slots that are in a psuedo-tab. I don't understand.
Find

Their intent is mainly for survival. Your inventory can fill up quite quickly in there, which can be annoying. They are really just temporary inventory space until you can get to the lobby.
Find

My thought on this is why wouldn't you want just inventory slots? Seeing as how I have max slots and often find my inventory filled, I love the idea of extra inventory spaces. I do not think we should be given anything else with them because of how useful they are.
Find

(11-08-2016, 07:40 AM)Nivendo Wrote:  Once again, not sure why everyone is against this. I'm not saying that my suggestion should be implemented verbatim, but backpacks should seriously do something other than add inventory slots that could otherwise just be added onto the main inventory with no hassle of worrying about taking items out of your backpack before you trade or duel them, etc.

Again, backpacks are just inventory slots. That's all they are. 14 inventory slots that are in a psuedo-tab. I don't understand.

They aren't normal Inventory slots. They are 'storage containers' all within one Inventory slot. There are a finite amount of Inventory slots, so many people with max slots, and full banks (although there are up to 200 bank slots, but you can't access the bank from Events or TTT) were asking for an item like this, because doing survive was a pain because their Inventory would just fill up and they'd be forced to delete items.

This allows you to increase storage capabilities, without me needing to increase the max inventory slots allowed. You can't put what ever items you like inside this.. It's designed specifically for event runs, or 'max unboxings'. Only items you obtain from drops or rolls will go inside the backpack(yes I fixed the duel/bank bugs with 'em), making it also nice to keep track of items you obtained from such things.

Not to mention, it's just easier on the eyes than scrolling through 100s of slots trying to find your items, if your obtained items are all condensed inside that one slot.

Keep in mind, these can also stack. Meaning you can have multiple backpacks for even more space.

People have also been requesting a 'badge bag' for quite awhile, so they don't have to waste any slots on badges other than that one for the bag. Think of it as a way to 'condense' things into a single slot, yes it's ultimately the same concept of gaining 14 additional Inventory slots. But nothing is wrong with that, this is a different way to do it, that is all.