Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another Railgun Idea

Absolutely not true, you can deal damage at a close range without issue. Each pellet is individually counted, so the chances to hit are extremely high. The reason that they don't support moving fast is because they're too cheap of a weapon when running at maximum speed; people were complaining about the Swift shotguns. You don't have to aim at the head to kill; 10-15%+ damage will easily slaughter someone via a body-shot. It takes a certain skill to use it. When NTG changed Benellis to fire slugs, people said they were worthless, too, until they realized how incorrect they were. You people will always complain when encountering something that isn't to your norm; its to be expected, and I would -RATHER- have it so that ALL weapons had sway and extra spread, because it'd make the game more skill based. (On that point I think that the aforementioned Mac10's should definitely have the same downside as the Shotgun, simply due to their killing speed. Galil's and SG are a safe possibility, too.) The point about a shotgun is that you needn't aim; just shoot in their general direction and you WILL do damage. The spread and sway are less of a problem than other guns, because the pellets burst out compact enough. You obviously haven't played much, and I doubt hat you played much, if at all, before Shotguns were changed moderately. Saying that the shotgun is "weaker than all of the other guns" is both literally untrue and a pretentious lie; whether it was intended to be one or not. You even ignored my point of how good the chances for Traits and Suffixes are for shotguns. If shotguns were once again how you'd like them, all people have to do is run up and fire the eight pellets with laser accuracy into someone to instantly kill them, plus having an -amazing- suffix/trait chance.

I fully expect you to continue to argue your point, but I'll tell you that your complaints are poorly placed. If you really want to have Shotguns changed around, make a thread on it and pot your suggestions, don't just say "make accurate". Though feel free to reply with whatever you wish, I view myself as having seniority and more experience than you; thus I value my opinion much higher.

Your points on the suffixes being the same are completely moot, because the Tartartus shoots a high-powered Laser, and the Ascultone a great explosive ball. The end result is an explosion, and I agree that it'd be kinda neat to have the Tartarus do it a bit different (Say, the beam just does extra damage but has 100% accuracy and instantly kills upon head-shot), but they're still significantly different. The Railgun shoots a massive beam, and the Thrakos triggers lightning to strike. The Deathbringer summons a moving orb to hunt the player down, the Megalodon Rifle summons phantom sharks to rush through people. There's a significant variety there.

@Default: I forgot to mention that I too wanted a railgun "buff/change", but considering how bloody many there are, your suggestion/others would be nice for a new Godlike, or a Primordial, or a Celestial, or something interesting like that. I still like it! Imagine your laser-shotgun idea, but it always comes with a -very- high Phoenix chance and look at feet, but lower damage? It'd shoot rapidly and cause those annoying effects to proc continuously, but not be the absolute shredding power that a Shotgun is.

Messages In This Thread
Another Railgun Idea - D3F4ULT - 07-24-2016, 06:36 AM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Mr.Tarrasque - 07-24-2016, 07:22 AM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Terran - 07-24-2016, 07:43 AM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Mr.Tarrasque - 07-24-2016, 08:03 AM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Terran - 07-24-2016, 08:24 AM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Unpoke - 07-24-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Kcat - 07-24-2016, 03:33 PM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Brassx - 07-24-2016, 04:02 PM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Bezerker - 07-24-2016, 04:41 PM
RE: Another Railgun Idea - Paladin - 07-24-2016, 06:36 PM