The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UNID'ed bodies gray area

So recently I've gotten told about/slain for not telling people to ID bodies before I kill them (which is absolutely fine, I can obey things like that and take slays when they're fair), but the thing that really pushed me to make this post is how readily people will tell me to "read the rules" or "read the motd" because I'm newer to the server than they are. However, after reading the rules five times over to make sure I wasn't the one being stupid, I concluded that there is ABSOLUTELY NO written rule about UNID'ed bodies. Okay, sure, whatever, tell people to ID bodies before killing them, but where does this rule begin and where does it end?
For example, what's the difference between watching someone shoot someone and being able to kill them before they check the body (without getting slain) and seeing (referencing the slay earlier that moved me towards this post) two people in a room, leaving the room with the door closed, and coming back to the room three seconds later and finding one dead, killing the other and getting slain?
Sure, you watch them murder someone as compared to thinking about how the second person could have died (c4 was the reason given to me, but there was no explosion/sound/shake), but the premise is the same. What if the person that they shot was a T, and you just didn't see what happened? You can kill the inno and probably not get slain because "you shot someone in front of me." But as soon as you didn't physically see the person shoot, you have no right to suspect that they're a traitor unless you tell them to ID the body and they don't.
The gray area here should be obviously apparent, because in one situation you kill them for creating an UNIDed body, and in the other you kill them for not acknowledging the UNIDed body. I understand that there are situations that you should absolutely not kill someone (walking into a room and passing an UNIDed because it's in the corner by the door) but when there's literally nobody around to kill the other person and you saw them alive five seconds ago, why is there not a reason to kill them or at least a rule to say you can't kill them for that?
It was also brought to light that the aforementioned situation was allegedly a "kos off location" because they were in a room together and clearly I just killed him because he was in the room. While, yes, I killed him without seeing the shots, there would be no reason for him to A. Walk by the UNIDed body B. Not mention the UNIDed body or C. Not ID the UNIDed body. This, I believe, falls under the rule of logical killing. If person A and person B are in a room that is not entered or tampered with in any way, and person B is killed, why is it not logical to kill person A in that situation?
Find

Messages In This Thread
UNID'ed bodies gray area - DogboyG - 10-01-2016, 12:03 AM
RE: UNID'ed bodies gray area - Fresh - 10-01-2016, 12:14 AM
RE: UNID'ed bodies gray area - Terran - 10-01-2016, 12:20 AM
RE: UNID'ed bodies gray area - DogboyG - 10-01-2016, 12:21 AM
RE: UNID'ed bodies gray area - Mougwi - 10-01-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: UNID'ed bodies gray area - Dreadark - 10-01-2016, 06:24 PM
RE: UNID'ed bodies gray area - Mougwi - 10-01-2016, 07:20 PM
RE: UNID'ed bodies gray area - Jake1o - 10-01-2016, 08:06 PM
RE: UNID'ed bodies gray area - Kuro - 10-01-2016, 08:43 PM
RE: UNID'ed bodies gray area - Jake1o - 10-01-2016, 08:53 PM