Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Onuris feedback

Well I will just put a reminder that some of what Kuro is saying is fairly subjective, but I do appreciate the honest feedback.

Anyways, here's my thoughts:

I personally feel the look fits it for the most part(a few tweaks to the ribcage part will do some justice) and feel I did a decent job on it. (For someone who has 0 artistic abilities.) Sure it may be a bit bulky compared to some other stuff, but I can tone down the sizes on some of the bones. It's definitely not intended to look very pretty. Something with bones should look horrendous tbh. But to be blunt, it's not likely I'm remodeling it from scratch just because some of you find it ugly. That's just silly, I put quite a bit of work into making it look ugly after all. ESPECIALLY when all you provide as an alternative are vague suggestions like: 'Make it smaller and have bony details'. Saying that to someone with little to no artistic abilities will get nowhere. Hell, having no in-depth ideas like that would probably even be a pain for an actual artist.

Side note: I don't think you guys understand how much time goes into creating a custom weapon honestly. You have to model it, weight paint it and rig it to an armature, animate it, compile it, then do the same thing for the world model but rescale it and trial-and-error position it based on a R_Hand bone, then make a physics mesh for it. Not to mention texture it, test the compiled MDL files, position attachment nodes, match up sound effects with the animations, recompile with adjustments, recompile to fix any issues over and over again,  create the proper textures and texture maps and then create the VMT/VTF files for things like normal maps, env map masks, and the base texture. That's a condensed list on the steps that go into such things. (I also have to upload all changes to TTT, Lobby, Survive 1, Survive 2, Survive 3, Survive 4, Survive 5, Event 1, Event 2, then Fast DL)
It's easier said than done.

The suffix is bugged. The "Despair" suffix came as a spinoff of this weapons suffix. The energy ball should inflict AoE despair where it lands, and stronger despair upon impact. The energy ball used to also bounce off several surfaces, and didn't 'stick' until the last bounce. If it's doing nothing like this, it's likely something got fucked up or reverted to the very first iteration of my projectile base.

The stats I'm always up for possible reworks and everything, but I will say. Godlikes don't have to be the top of the line in their weapon category, they aren't meant to always be practical. Sometimes they are more for show.

I will get to messing with this when I finish my changes with the Snowglobe.

That being said, how about these changes?

Find

Messages In This Thread
Onuris feedback - Kuro - 01-07-2017, 01:08 AM
RE: Onuris feedback - tobiasxz - 01-07-2017, 01:11 AM
RE: Onuris feedback - Kuro - 01-07-2017, 01:16 AM
RE: Onuris feedback - Revs - 01-07-2017, 01:17 AM
RE: Onuris feedback - tobiasxz - 01-07-2017, 01:19 AM
RE: Onuris feedback - Kuro - 01-07-2017, 01:20 AM
RE: Onuris feedback - Bezerker - 01-07-2017, 01:33 AM
RE: Onuris feedback - hockeyfn - 01-07-2017, 01:55 AM
RE: Onuris feedback - Kuro - 01-07-2017, 02:11 AM
RE: Onuris feedback - Brassx - 01-07-2017, 02:41 AM