The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another Suggestion Thread, For Another Time

So I saw that BrassX mentioned that there's a lack of fresh ideas. Having my Orb of Christmas accepted gave me a bit of a confidence boost, so here's a pile of stuff that I may or may not have come up with in about fifteen seconds, but seems creative nonetheless.

(Implicit) Primordial Tiers:

Malevolent - 1 in * chance to flash the affected player's screen once in a random color, or simply white (I don't want it to be an epilepsy gun). This shot does an additional * damage (Dependent on weapon type)

Vampiric - 1 in * chance to mark a target. Any additional damage dealt to this player by you leeches life, with a 1:* ratio. If this shot is a killing blow, gain * health instead.

Agile - 1 in * chance to mark a target. The next attack you are struck with from this player has its damage reduced by half.

Refreshing - Add * ammunition to your magazine on rightful kill. (Dependent on weapon type)

Mutating - Change your weapon type on rightful kill. The new weapon has a fresh magazine, and improved stats in comparison with your previous weapon. The weapon returns to its original form at the beginning of each round. (Primaries change to primaries, secondaries to other secondaries. Some guns have heavier weights on their stats.) (Pairs well with Dimension Crystal)

Harsh - Very high damage, with comparatively low firerate. 1 in * to boost the gun's firerate temporarily on rightful kill. This effect can stack up to 3 times. (Pairs well with reload crystal)

Forgiving - The counterpart to Harsh, with a high rate of fire, and comparatively low damage. 1 in * to boost the gun's damage temporarily on rightful kill. This effect can stack up to 3 times.

Condemned - ??? - The gun receives random stats every time it is picked up or loaded in with, ranging anywhere from negative to positive on all attributes. Each copy has a(n) (optional, perhaps hidden?) modifier that influences these fluctuations. In addition to this, the gun's suffixes and traits are rolled randomly daily, but can be locked for a time by the gun's owner, perhaps permanently should the owner be content with what they've received. I figure this goes a bit beyond Primordial, so maybe it'd be godlike, or it can just be a modified version of this idea. Nonetheless, here ye go.

Crystals:

Crystal of Tolerance - 1 in * chance to take half damage whenever you are struck anywhere but the head.

Crystal of Belief - While holding a melee weapon, all damage you take is halved.

Crystal of Surety - While dealing damage with a melee weapon, damage you deal is permanent and cannot be healed by any circumstance.

Closing

I wanted something to make melee weapons actually feel worth it whatsoever to use. These probably aren't the solution, but I figure maybe I'd put them here just to spark some ideas for somebody else. A few of these might be a bit similar to something I've put in a past thread, but I can't be bothered to re-read my repetitive ideas.

Note that mostly I want people to look at these and think about what they like about the guns that you use on TTT, and what we can do moving forward to make guns fresh, exciting, and unique to use. Things such as my "condemned" suggestion may make for a larger diversity of weapons, and add a high level of uniqueness into player loadouts.
Find

Messages In This Thread
Another Suggestion Thread, For Another Time - Nivendo - 01-02-2018, 09:43 AM