Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Coins and Crate Nerfs

Eh.. I don't think this is a good idea.

Lower coin amounts from Crates for everyone will help more in the end. It will help make coins more valuable(by helping to drain more coins from the system, thus helping to cope with inflation), which means 'getting dirt' wouldn't be quite the same as it is currently(not that a new player would even know what is dirt and what isn't), as coins are less valuable right now due to how often you get them and how many there are. Back in the day it was tough to get coins, 10k was a SHIT TON and people who had over 10k were 'rich'. Now people have 100's of thousands of coins, and don't ever even spend them. Thus causing inflation.

Also scummy people could just family share an account to open crates for more coins at lower crate levels. it's just an idea that could cause more issues (for staff, as well as making players who open lots feel somewhat punished for it, doesn't matter what else you gain, believe me.), and even if you balance progression so it outweighs the lowered coin return it will still completely ruin the point of progressing(it feels like by getting said perks, you're losing something else, which definitely won't feel worth it or very good, as stated above).

Crates should not be a main source of coins, and you guys have been somewhat spoiled by how I started to balance coins in everything. It should be where coins are mainly meant to be spent in the end, with more ITEM returns(which then can be made into keys, which will have coin return rebalances). Not to say you can't get coins from them post-patch, but they will be toned down, focusing on item returns, with other coin returns coming from stuff like Keys, Events, Weekly quest, Daily quests/challenges(available to all via TTT, not only on the lobby), and other TTT stuff(making post-round coin drops more consistent for non-lucky maps).

With newer crates, I can then start to balance drop rates and make things more common due to coins being more scarce and harder to obtain.

TL;DR - Lower coin amounts for all is better, and the way crates are balanced currently did a lot of harm to the economy(so did survive tbh). I remember getting reports of people rolling certain crates for hours, and hours building up a good coin stack before stopping. No crate should be like that.

Messages In This Thread
Coins and Crate Nerfs - Moz - 01-13-2018, 06:52 PM
RE: Coins and Crate Nerfs - Alex Summers - 01-13-2018, 07:42 PM
RE: Coins and Crate Nerfs - Enchantable - 01-13-2018, 08:38 PM
RE: Coins and Crate Nerfs - GNOME-RCEN4RY - 01-13-2018, 08:24 PM
RE: Coins and Crate Nerfs - Minehuis - 01-13-2018, 08:46 PM
RE: Coins and Crate Nerfs - Terran - 01-13-2018, 09:06 PM
RE: Coins and Crate Nerfs - Brassx - 01-13-2018, 10:28 PM
RE: Coins and Crate Nerfs - Ora-50.cal - 01-14-2018, 12:12 AM