The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Should this be implemented?
Yay
Nay
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Challenge-scroll change (Reposted)

So, after seeing the fact that other people aren't enjoying some of the features of "Challenge" scrolls, I feel that a couple of the steps you're forced to do aren't a challenge, they're just a monotonous grind. People should be able to play TTT and have fun, not try and wait for their scroll-specific Map to appear, or sit and do a sliding puzzle.

In exchange, we should be able to skip a step on a scroll, but it will replace it with a kill-challenge step one level higher. e.g a Medium slide puzzle could be skipped, but it'd give you a Hard kill challenge. There's honestly no reason not to have this; it seems stupid otherwise. There's no challenge when half of the people just use websites to solve the slide puzzles for them, or already know what map they have to go to and just sit there waiting for it to show up.

I feel like what I'm suggesting is a solid replacement, its not going to make challenge scrolls trivial, especially since doing a kill-step can easily be harder than, say, just waiting around for your map.

Yay/nay how you feel, but I think its shitty design to force players to do something not even part/barely a part of TTT when they come to enjoy TTT. Sure, scrolls are optional, but they're still [i[fun[/i]...Except for the stupid steps.

Again, my suggestion is:

If you want to, you can replace a step in a scroll with a new kill-challenge step, ONE difficulty level higher. Easy would give a Medium, Medium a Hard, etc.

Messages In This Thread
Challenge-scroll change (Reposted) - Terran - 07-22-2018, 03:25 AM