Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Should this be implemented?
Yay
Nay
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Challenge-scroll change (Reposted)

Quote:Yay/nay how you feel, but I think its shitty design to force players to do something not even part/barely a part of TTT when they come to enjoy TTT. Sure, scrolls are optional
Ok.

Anyways, I can understand your frustration, but  TTT already has TTT only quests, challenges, achievements, dailies, etc. Challenge scrolls aren't just TTT-challenges. They try to incorporate more than TTT, because we ARE more than ttt.

I talked about adding something you buy that resets your entire challenge scroll, if you get stuck. But changing your current step is eh. Map challenges are meant to get you on TTT waiting for your map. It's a passive step until your map is chosen(which can definitely be annoying.. But people didn't even make this big of a fuss when I had it on NTG and it had NO system to make your challenge map much more common on the mapvote screen. We have that here.), that's the point. There's plenty of other things you can do while on TTT while waiting for it. Such as Dailies, which are mostly kill challenges. So you can just do them in the mean time while waiting. It's hard to make things challenging when people use tools yes, but considering you could barely do a sliding puzzle and couldn't figure out how to use the tool to solve it, I'd say it did its job.

I'm planning out changes on how maps are selected to be on the mapvote, right now its a RNG chance and only one persons map can be chosen to show up per map-vote (selected at random). As I've stated above: We're more than a TTT server, and if you don't like the "non-TTT" aspects you don't have to do them(but I will say, puzzles are something nice you can do while dead to keep you busy). Challenge scrolls are opt-in. You accept what they are and what it might put you through when you use it, otherwise just sell it and pass it along if you're not up for it. Someone else will do it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Challenge-scroll change (Reposted) - Brassx - 07-22-2018, 06:28 AM