Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly.

(09-29-2018, 08:00 PM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  
(09-29-2018, 06:52 PM)Axe Wrote:  I knew this would be the argument against opening the lobby, but what are the trolls going to do honestly? If parts of the lobby were blocked off (so only players lvl5 and higher could pass) and the new players couldn't do anything (unless someone took them into BW or grims< this can actually make them keep playing which is good), but see all the features then they might be more likely to actually play TTT to get to lvl 5. This would probably bring in players.

Wouldn't you want to try to capitalize on anything someone clicks on that says "FRG"?????? It seems like you blatantly turn away players who will then not try the TTT server.

You expect someone that hasn't spent 1 hour on TTT to do events and bosses? That is a pretty tall order you must admit.

Think about it, now we have a bunch of level 1's running around, that only the desperate will take to events. They're stuck with starter weapons. They will be clogging up the server, especially after the fishing update. Then they have no money to uncrate, spin2win, or do fishing. They could do slot machines, make keys, and use the bank. With all of this, we're risking a large amount of trolls/shitheads making the lobby worse and requiring action from mods and above.

Or you know, they could spend an hour on TTT.
(09-29-2018, 06:52 PM)Axe Wrote:  Type a few things and mic spam???? We have a block command.
What if they say the N-Word or doing mic rape? Block and forget, am I right? No, I doubt we would have lower standards on Lobby then TTT.
(09-29-2018, 06:52 PM)Axe Wrote:  Also if you had something that showed all the events you could do in the spawn room of the lobby trolls might change their mind!!!! Some of the people who play FRG now were originally going on NTG or FRG to troll.

Being GROSSLY optimistic, 1/10 trolls decides to join FRG. While the 9/10 requires moderator action!!!! Is it worth it?

It seems like you're misinterpreting what I said. I am saying that if someone clicks on the FRG lobby server they would be able to join into the lobby and SEE the events they wouldn't be able to DO the events unless someone took them. Since they can't do the events, but they can see what they look like they might think its cool and decide to go to the TTT server to lvl up to play the events. You're acting like I said that they will never go to TTT and will only play lobby. NO the point of allowing them to play on the lobby is so they WILL play TTT. Also staff should be expected to do things, your reasoning of "O it will mean trolls for staff" 1) U CAN LEGIT BLOCK THEM ON LOBBY this isn't hard 2) Isn't the job of a staff member to STAFF THE server.Also don't forget that our manager was a troll when he first came, I was a troll when I joined NTG, and a lot of other people were trolls as well. So yeah it is totally worth it to find those players that will stay and populate the server. IM NOT INTENDING THIS TO BE RUDE<<< why do you think moat gaming grew so much? is the content better? did he do some shady stuff? Obviously the content on his server is significantly worse (and yeah obv hes done some shady and shitty things) and a lot of people do play his server because it isn't difficult to get the rare guns (atleast from what ive heard)< but he advertised his server and brought in as many new players as possible trying to increase the number of players that would stay. Joining FRG without any guns and having it feel impossible to get them is a deterrent for new players, but the LOBBY can help show them what they are missing. I'm not trying to make anyone angry or upset, but if you ignore this then the server will always be stuck at like 20-30 players. ADVERTISE THE SERVER THROUGH THE LOBBY

(Also I am NOT advocating to make guns easier to get I think guns should be rare that's why the guns are so unique, but im saying that the lobby could make new players stay even when they have shit guns because it is so cool).

Edit: The spawn would need to change a little though, so when someone spawned on the lobby the wall that they are facing would show pictures/videos of the events with text underneath them (there could also be a message that suggests them to go the TTT, so that they can play these events). If this wasn't done then the players that joined would be very confused.

Messages In This Thread
Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Nivendo - 09-29-2018, 07:40 AM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Kuro - 09-29-2018, 09:17 AM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Kheyre - 09-29-2018, 02:53 PM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Nivendo - 09-29-2018, 06:10 PM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Jake1o - 09-29-2018, 03:53 PM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Axe - 09-29-2018, 06:52 PM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Axe - 09-29-2018, 08:08 PM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Nivendo - 09-29-2018, 08:48 PM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Kheyre - 09-29-2018, 07:28 PM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Brassx - 09-29-2018, 08:57 PM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Kheyre - 09-29-2018, 09:27 PM