Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly.

(09-29-2018, 08:08 PM)Axe Wrote:  It seems like you're misinterpreting what I said. I am saying that if someone clicks on the FRG lobby server they would be able to join into the lobby and SEE the events they wouldn't be able to DO the events unless someone took them. Since they can't do the events, but they can see what they look like they might think its cool and decide to go to the TTT server to lvl up to play the events. You're acting like I said that they will never go to TTT and will only play lobby. NO the point of allowing them to play on the lobby is so they WILL play TTT. Also staff should be expected to do things, your reasoning of "O it will mean trolls for staff" 1) U CAN LEGIT BLOCK THEM ON LOBBY this isn't hard 2) Isn't the job of a staff member to STAFF THE server.Also don't forget that our manager was a troll when he first came, I was a troll when I joined NTG, and a lot of other people were trolls as well. So yeah it is totally worth it to find those players that will stay and populate the server. IM NOT INTENDING THIS TO BE RUDE<<< why do you think moat gaming grew so much? is the content better? did he do some shady stuff? Obviously the content on his server is significantly worse (and yeah obv hes done some shady and shitty things) and a lot of people do play his server because it isn't difficult to get the rare guns (atleast from what ive heard)< but he advertised his server and brought in as many new players as possible trying to increase the number of players that would stay. Joining FRG without any guns and having it feel impossible to get them is a deterrent for new players, but the LOBBY can help show them what they are missing. I'm not trying to make anyone angry or upset, but if you ignore this then the server will always be stuck at like 20-30 players.

(Also I am NOT advocating to make guns easier to get I think guns should be rare that's why the guns are so unique, but im saying that the lobby could make new players stay even when they have shit guns because it is so cool).

Edit: The spawn would need to change a little though, so when someone spawned on the lobby the wall that they are facing would show pictures/videos of the events with text underneath them (there could also be a message that suggests them to go the TTT, so that they can play these events). If this wasn't done then the players that joined would be very confused.

I like stuff where the game is friendly to new players. Like a mini-tutorial, or like you said, a wall containing a picture and a description of each event.

Quote: ADVERTISE THE SERVER THROUGH THE LOBBY

FRG Lobby is actually on the main gamemode list for garry's mod, but there is only 1 Lobby server so it stays near the bottom of the list, so when the server is full (good example is when fishing came out), a good amount of randoms joined because the gamemode was near the top.

this might not relate to anything about advertising the Lobby, but thats mostly why level 1s join.
Find

Messages In This Thread
Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Nivendo - 09-29-2018, 07:40 AM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Kuro - 09-29-2018, 09:17 AM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Kheyre - 09-29-2018, 02:53 PM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Nivendo - 09-29-2018, 06:10 PM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Jake1o - 09-29-2018, 03:53 PM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Axe - 09-29-2018, 06:52 PM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Axe - 09-29-2018, 08:08 PM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Black Parade - 09-29-2018, 09:24 PM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Nivendo - 09-29-2018, 08:48 PM
RE: Making Lobby Kiddo-Friendly. - Kheyre - 09-29-2018, 07:28 PM