The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Un-tradeban request

Steam Name (Current): Major Mon Marky Mark

Steam Name (During incident): Major Mon Marky Mark

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:77386702

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Mashur/

Name of staff you were banned by: Kazen (I think)

Length of the ban: 45days

Would you like your ban shortened or repealed?: repealed

Reason for ban: Sharking Attempts

Did you commit the actions stated in the ban reason?: No. As i was not aware of the items true value, sharking is not correct. Edit: Just found out hes lvl 243, people assumed he was a new player for some reason. Hes not a new player, and even if i knew who i was trading with and if he was a new player, how would I convince him that what I was offering was fair? I just wanted to offer what I was willing to pay. If he rejected it, I would offer more. Thats how trading and negotiating works. How would I even go about scamming on t/o let alone sharking?

What really happened?: Was not aware of the actual prices of items. I had previously been told bad prices of items and bought those items. Since I cannot seen t/o history myself nor any declines nor reports of previous offers on this item (Nor do i correctly recall since I dont memorize every trade I set up), this is based on a single screenshot from discord by kazen. I offered 2m coins and 1 pro easing rune. (Post looking up who actually offered the item: Appearently the item i was offering on was owned by Lemon. I dont know who this is, but appearently they are a new player? On t/o I can't see who offers the item, so there was no way I would have known. I had just logged in just to check the t/o updates for my account. I wanted to offer on frostfathers since I heard it was good in grims, since I want to grind grims solo sometime soon. I start my offers low then gradually increase my offer, as any trade negotiation would. I had no intentions nor idea this guy was a new player).

Additional details: I havent played in 4 years t/o completely new to me so I dont know if there is some command people are using to find information or what cause they appearently all know exactly who is trading with who and such which I thought t/o was supposed to protect you and the buyer against that. I thought t/o was a place to put up offers and just get declined if no one likes them. I would understand being reported for posting the same items again and again on the same item or being reported for giving 1 coin offers. How is it sharking if I don't even know the price myself, nor is the other player even a new player even if I had some way to find out who Im trading with?

I do not completely understand every item's worth, so I have to make personal judgements. Occasionally I will do my due diligence to check the prices of items with the people of FRG. Unfortunately, there are many people who do not understand the item market themselves and will provide bogus/false information, agree with bogus information, have no information on the subject matter, or leaves the question ghosted. For this item, I was told the base version was worth 2m coins, so I offered at the base price with the intention of going higher. Post trade-banned I realize this was a lie. The frostfather item in question I believe had lucky, chill, and 1/3 final bullet. After that offer I offered again at 6mil. I like to buy low and sell high, but I'm a lot more careful with my trades now than before, since coming back ive been scammed a lot and I understand that feeling.

As of now, I see that I misinterpretted how t/o is used. I used it as a way to negotiate items, since these were called "Offers." T/o should be viewed as the marketplace *for the most part, not entirely.* I post all my offers with the intention of negotiating. Instead I get reported, unknowingly, that I did something wrong. I do not recieve notifications, other than death threats for offers that I thought were good or negotiable.

T/o needs a warning system or way to inform or comment on your offer as well as a way to check your t/o history, finalizations, declines, current and previous offers. I thought t/o was meant to be an extension of !trade. I viewed that incorrectly. As a suggestion, I think T/o should have a warning of reports system and a way to inform buyers that their offer was reported for xyz reasons. I think t/o should have a comment system, a way to provide a short message to the seller, just like how the seller can submit a custom reason for declining an offer.
Find

Messages In This Thread
Un-tradeban request - Major Mon Marky Mark - 02-04-2024, 09:38 PM
RE: Un-tradeban request - Fear - 02-05-2024, 01:11 AM
RE: Un-tradeban request - Broseff - 02-08-2024, 01:52 AM
RE: Un-tradeban request - PandaCow - 02-08-2024, 11:24 PM
RE: Un-tradeban request - Kazen - 02-16-2024, 04:08 AM