Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[CHANGE] Make Oracle Shield Damage Karma

(02-22-2019, 05:45 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  Oracle shields are very different than everything named.
Black holes are projectiles that you have to fire towards people and are much harder to avoid with the intended purpose of disorienting them and putting them in a position where they can't fight back. There's no reason to use them outside of murderous intent.
The same applies to incendiary grenades, bow AoEs and Djinn Balls, their primary (and only) function is to damage players.

Where the shield becomes a little difficult to deal with is in the fact that its primary function is a defensive mechanism meant to protect the player, not necessarily damage others or block doorways. They're super easy to avoid and thus in 99% of cases, the user isn't really at fault for people being damaged by it. That's why the same rules don't apply to it as other projectiles/abilities that are only meant to use in aggressive scenarios.

If the shield is intended to be used defensively then it should have the ability to do damage removed.

Any active ability that causes damage is able to be used aggressively and defensively, including all of the things I mentioned. You make the choice to use something so careless use of anything that deals damage should be dealt the same way, allowing double standards just encourages trolling.

When I actively played TTT I would mark my claims with djinn balls to 1.deter people from flanking me and 2. to alert me if someone walked into it.
You can do the same with any of the other examples, and out of all of those I'd say the "hardest" to avoid would be the oracle shield because it blends in too much whereas a giant pit of fire, glowing purple orb, and gigantic black circle do not.
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CHANGE] Make Oracle Shield Damage Karma - Kuro - 02-22-2019, 07:00 PM