Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Monthly "Battle Pass"-like system...

(02-14-2020, 02:16 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  
(02-14-2020, 01:50 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  This is the way to go. The economy was really thrown into disarray when suddenly you could drop a multi million coin item at a relatively common chance just by playing TTT.

I disagree. It may be relatively "common" for how much people value them, but I don't think that throws the economy into disarray at all. It's just supply and demand, because they're genuinely useful, unique items. If they were really THAT common, people wouldn't pay as much for them, and still, it's just shifting coins around in the same economy.

As much as I would like a guaranteed monthly, I like the major part monthlies have played in the economy of the server lately, and I think many people wouldn't be nearly as interested in them if they didn't hold the same "trade able" value as they do.

I agree to an extent. However, the xmas pass having untradeable items did not stop a bunch of people from being interested in them and completing it. The truth is, a limited number of monthly items drop, which does in fact limit the amount of players that do get to experience that content. It's why they're so lucrative but.. Looking at player counts, new monthly items the way they function now, only help get a lot of players on the server for the first week or so after launch, then it drops way off because people feel like they can't drop 'em.

However, a pass with a guaranteed new untradeable item (not existing items) every 2 months, guarantees you'd get what you wanted. For example, do you think a lot of people that play FRG wouldn't grind out a pass for a month or so for an ocarina, or even multiple to craft interesting variants? I'd almost guarantee that'd get more people playing than just having it as an RNG drop. Something you can actually work for without relying on RNG.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Monthly "Battle Pass"-like system... - Brassx - 02-14-2020, 07:37 PM