Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

lobby suggetions

(02-20-2020, 10:06 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
Quote:why does lobby have a 32 player cap if it cant handle 32 players

It can actually handle 32 players just fine. There's certain aspects that occur during 32 player fights that cause CPU spikes. Typically someone using projectile weapons causes a big spike in the usage. It's likely something else causing it now, but I managed to get 32 player krakens working fairly smoothly months ago, that's why the limit was changed back to 32 instead of 30. Just need to figure out what else is causing the majority of the CPU usage now.

A lot of bosses are happening simultaneously. I know you're already aware of this, but having multiple people doing worm queen, lyrus, kraken, abyssal, BW, etc. all at once is killing the lobby server now. I personally got hit by lyrus during worm queen just the other day (No idea how, just saw a flame run through my WQ and I took 28 damage or something lol) and can confirm that multiple bosses are often running simultaneously. The fact that we also had a dead lyrus corpse permanently stuck in its dying animation is also worth looking at. Maybe there's a loop there that doesn't end, even after he's died.

EDIT: In hindsight, Lyrus *might* be the issue overall. If everything else is working as intended, it would make sense that Lyrus would be the issue, given the current loot buffs, higher interest in Lyrus, and CD reduction on eggs.
Find

Messages In This Thread
lobby suggetions - ENTch - 02-20-2020, 09:35 PM
RE: lobby suggetions - Brassx - 02-20-2020, 10:06 PM
RE: lobby suggetions - Nivender - 02-22-2020, 06:30 PM
RE: lobby suggetions - MicroBoss - 02-23-2020, 11:35 AM