The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Small Rework of Tier I-III Chest acquisition.

The current way that the chests are acquired is the following.

Run 1 of the monthly pass every Tier I Chest is a Tier I Chest and every Tier II Chest is a Tier II Chest.
Run 2 of the monthly pass Tier I Chests have a 20% chance of becoming Tier II Chests and Tier II Chests have a 10% chance of becoming Tier III Chests.
Run 3 of the monthly pass Tier I Chests have a 20% chance of becoming Tier II Chests and Tier II Chests have a 10% chance of becoming Tier III Chests.

My proposal is to make it the following:

Run 1 of the monthly pass Tier I Chests have a 10% chance of becoming Tier II Chests and Tier II Chests have a 5% chance of becoming Tier III Chests.
Run 2 of the monthly pass Tier I Chests have a 20% chance of becoming Tier II Chests AND a 5% Chance of becoming Tier III. Tier II Chests have a 10% chance of becoming Tier III Chests.
Run 3 of the monthly pass Tier I Chests have a 30% chance of becoming Tier II Chests AND a 10% Chance of becoming Tier III. Tier II Chests have a 15% chance of becoming Tier III Chests.

You get the gist. I feel like it'd be a more fun way of doing it as it would further reward re-runs of the pass and make every level a lot more exciting than they currently are.

EDIT: Some justification as to why I suggest changing even the first pass: I believe that it'd just make the pass more exciting at all times, instead of only from the 2nd completion onwards. A lot of people don't have time for multiple completions and it would probably be more fun for them to have a bit of spicy RNG in there. Not to mention the people doing 3rd pass+ getting some actual linear progression instead of... well, nothing.

Messages In This Thread
Small Rework of Tier I-III Chest acquisition. - Nytemart - 11-25-2020, 06:49 PM