The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shared Inventory System

The basic idea of the system is to allowed players in a small group who wish to share an inventory a means of doing so more easily than which currently exists. My idea for this is by adding a guild-like system where players form a shared inventory by forming a group (of which you could only be a part of one) and this is handled by use of a new lobby NPC. This NPC would act as the caretaker of a guild chest per-say. To limit the concerns of people with the issues of duping, etc I feel like this NPC should only be able to be accessed by 1 person of said group at a time. Now the chest would not be an entire merge of an inventory, the purpose of this chest would act like a backpack or small storage that multiple people could use and drop in or remove items from. This chest should only be able to be accessed from said lobby NPC.

As far as security goes, I feel like you should have to use this chest caretaker NPC to join a shared inventory with someone. As to not risk a random person joining an inventory with someone they don't know this should be done at the NPC when all shared inventory members are in lobby together to approve said person joining. I feel like groups of 4 at most should be allowed but this measure would also prevent someone joining that someone else in said shared inventory didn't know about. Now the other aspect of this, I feel that those who choose to use this system should do so accepting the risks that come with this and ONLY form a shared inventory with someone they trust. I'm sure that Brass if he would even consider this idea doesn't want to handle people with stolen item reports because of this.  

I'm open to whatever thoughts and or criticisms people may have on this because I feel like it could be a cool system unique to FRG.
Find

Messages In This Thread
Shared Inventory System - Kazen - 12-22-2020, 03:22 AM
RE: Shared Inventory System - Dreadark - 12-22-2020, 03:41 AM
RE: Shared Inventory System - Philip - 12-22-2020, 03:47 AM
RE: Shared Inventory System - Divine - 12-22-2020, 04:10 AM
RE: Shared Inventory System - Nytemart - 12-22-2020, 06:22 PM
RE: Shared Inventory System - Tcjerard - 12-22-2020, 07:13 PM
RE: Shared Inventory System - Divine - 12-23-2020, 12:17 AM
RE: Shared Inventory System - Link - 12-26-2020, 08:46 PM
RE: Shared Inventory System - MicroBoss - 12-27-2020, 08:32 PM
RE: Shared Inventory System - Link - 12-28-2020, 07:51 AM