Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Should there be a Timer in the Worm Queen Figt
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Timer for Worm Queen

Ok, So I tried to keep time of how long it took to kill the worm queen, but tbh I wish there was an In-Game Timer that told me how long I have been fighting the Boss for so I can try to aim for the Achievement, I would love if this could be a thing because trying to start a timer is hard when your trying to start the fight at the same time and keeping track of it is hard too,

*If you choose No,Please give a reason so I could understand, Thanks
Im a weeb since I play Osu! aparrently, Enchantable's fault

Find

Does having a timer make you do better or something?

All this would be used for is for people to purposefully lose if they're not under a minute and 45 seconds, to keep retrying. A huge "No". You get that shot once a day.

(07-08-2016, 05:25 AM)Terran Wrote:  Does having a timer make you do better or something?

All this would be used for is for people to purposefully lose if they're not under a minute and 45 seconds, to keep retrying. A huge "No". You get that shot once a day.

Who cares if people fail and retry to get the title? That's their time they're wasting and they don't get any type of meaningful benefit from it.

All you get is a title and the announcement, so I don't see a problem with it.

I think a timer would be great for people to compare the best methods, say for example trying different methods whether it be as simple as walking a certain way or the distance you should be at. Time is just one way to measure that.

(07-08-2016, 05:25 AM)Terran Wrote:  Does having a timer make you do better or something?

I disagree very strongly with this. I timed myself and actually had 1:43 but it said 1:47 after i beat it and i pressed the timer and the same time i pressed start, so I would like to have a timer in game

So that you can easily cheat? There is LITERALLY no valid reason to want to time yourself. You are told how quick you are at the end. None of you said "Oh, I wanna see how long I took!" before there was an achievement.

This would -solely- be used for restarting a fight to keep trying to get it. That's dumb. There is literally no other use to it. It tells you your time at the end of it, 100%.

Stop enabling cheaters.

I'm not trying to be rude, I wouldn't mind having one myself, but it does NOTHING to benefit you save distract you as you check it. What are you going to do, go, "Oh, I only have 15 seconds left! Time to shoot faster"?

I already suggested this to brass.
Find

(07-08-2016, 06:01 AM)Terran Wrote:  So that you can easily cheat? There is LITERALLY no valid reason to want to time yourself. You are told how quick you are at the end. None of you said "Oh, I wanna see how long I took!" before there was an achievement.

This would -solely- be used for restarting a fight to keep trying to get it. That's dumb. There is literally no other use to it. It tells you your time at the end of it, 100%.

Stop enabling cheaters.

I'm not trying to be rude, I wouldn't mind having one myself, but it does NOTHING to benefit you save distract you as you check it. What are you going to do, go, "Oh, I only have 15 seconds left! Time to shoot faster"?

If you dont like it that much just put some tape over it XD, then you wont "cheat"
Im a weeb since I play Osu! aparrently, Enchantable's fault

Find

I personally don't understand how it's cheating. It isn't like it's easy to get 1:45 and it's an achievement. Why do you HAVE to complete it and why can't you kill yourself if you want a better time? Sorry Terran I truly don't understand how it is cheating, when you're simply trying to get a better time.

*EDIT* The achievement is the reason we want a timer, so that we can see the time and go for a better one. You're also killing yourself before you kill him which causes you to lose loot. You literally waste more time. No buddy cared about how long it took before the achievement simply because there was no incentive, but now there is.
Find

Axe. You can see your time after you win. It tells you what your time is, no matter what. If you're killing yourself just to constantly retry until you luck out and get the achievement, that's stupid. You literally have no argument other than stating that you want to use the thing I call an exploit.

If you try and beat the boss, you get to try again tomorrow.

If you failed mid-fight you get to retry. Enabling cheaters to cheat by allowing them to let themselves die to keep trying for the achievement is cheating. Cheaters.

I'll say again: I wouldn't MIND a timer, but I wouldn't be taking even half of a second mid-match to look at it. Plus, not everyone is as trustworthy as others.
Find

I agree with Terran partially, but not that they are 'cheating'. I just don't want a timer just yet purely to make the achievement that much trickier. With a timer It just becomes a matter of losing on purpose, trying over and over again until you get it. Which I'm not totally against, I just do not want to allow that just yet, so that people who do end up doing it as it is now have a little more 'bragging rights'.

Bottom line: No timer makes the achievement a bit more difficult, which is how I planned/want it to be currently.
Find