Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rune of Refreshing

Make rune of refreshing work for new events like castle and asylum pls?
Bouncy Rounds

Imo it should just be opened up to work for all events, without the need for the entire team to rejoin lobby for it to work.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

Yeah, I agree. What use is bloodwynd if you can't do it with a team and can just wait 4 hours for the next time you can do it.

Other than that, I want it to work with Castle and Asylum. They're pretty good events.

+1 bump
Bouncy Rounds
Find

Yeah I’d like for them actually to be useful and be able to use it on castle and whatnot and get rid of your parties cool down too
Find

I +1 this for castle now that the godlike has been discovered but not for asylum considering it has an item still not discovered yet. I feel like it would be easy at that point it grind it out and get it pretty quick especially after the recent drop changes.
Find

(01-16-2018, 02:58 PM)Ardi Emma Wrote:  I +1 this for castle now that the godlike has been discovered but not for asylum considering it has an item still not discovered yet. I feel like it would be easy at that point it grind it out and get it pretty quick especially after the recent drop changes.

But changing it so it works universally for all events current and in the future saves us from headaches and saves Brass from having to go back in and change it everytime a new event comes out.
Find

(01-16-2018, 04:51 PM)PapaRussia Wrote:  
(01-16-2018, 02:58 PM)Ardi Emma Wrote:  I +1 this for castle now that the godlike has been discovered but not for asylum considering it has an item still not discovered yet. I feel like it would be easy at that point it grind it out and get it pretty quick especially after the recent drop changes.

But changing it so it works universally for all events current and in the future saves us from headaches and saves Brass from having to go back in and change it everytime a new event comes out.

It doesn't. The rune works like this:
  • Clears the users cooldown for said event from the database. I still have to add specifics on which events to look for to clear, because the cooldown database is used for other things too(older events use their own databases for cooldowns, which are much different).
  • It provides a 'free pass' into an applicable event that supports it. So a flag is set when someone has a 'free entry' into an event with a specific party(meaning it does NOT clear their cooldown for the event, to stop people from setting up 'pay me to clear your cooldown!' type things).

It can't clear the entire parties cooldown, because then people can just clear cooldowns, leave the party and do what ever. making someone pay to use it, etc.

This is only supported on !ejoin events currently for a number of reasons.

(01-16-2018, 05:04 PM)Brassx Wrote:  It can't clear the entire parties cooldown, because then people can just clear cooldowns, leave the party and do what ever. making someone pay to use it, etc.

I'm kind of skeptical. Yeah, it's a douche thing but do you think people would actually use it to get pay for doing that? I'd rather just take my party to do castle. People have groups and I doubt that they would let randoms join just to clear their cooldown. Besides, since presents have simmered down, the amount of runes made has decreased again making rune of refreshings not as common to get anymore.

Can you make it so it only psuedo clears everyone in the group at that time and if they leave that group, they gain their cooldown back? You'd think that people would troll with this, but again people take their own groups and know that they wont troll. That or if it is randoms, just never invite them again and give them a punishment like more time on their own cooldown.

(01-16-2018, 07:42 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  
(01-16-2018, 05:04 PM)Brassx Wrote:  It can't clear the entire parties cooldown, because then people can just clear cooldowns, leave the party and do what ever. making someone pay to use it, etc.

I'm kind of skeptical. Yeah, it's a douche thing but do you think people would actually use it to get pay for doing that? I'd rather just take my party to do castle. People have groups and I doubt that they would let randoms join just to clear their cooldown. Besides, since presents have simmered down, the amount of runes made has decreased again making rune of refreshings not as common to get anymore.

Can you make it so it only psuedo clears everyone in the group at that time and if they leave that group, they gain their cooldown back? You'd think that people would troll with this, but again people take their own groups and know that they wont troll. That or if it is randoms, just never invite them again and give them a punishment like more time on their own cooldown.

Yeah I have no doubts some people would do that. I've been doing this for awhile and I know the lengths people will go to make some profit(just think of it, getting 5 other people to pay you coins to clear their own cooldowns, is easier profit than actually doing the event, as well as cheaper than actually buying the rune for themselves to clear their own cooldowns for what they want), Which is not how I want them to be used. They could get each person to pay them x amount of coins to be invited to their party, then use the rune to refresh all their cooldowns and move on.

Quote:Can you make it so it only psuedo clears everyone in the group at that time and if they leave that group, they gain their cooldown back?

That's almost what it does. It attaches a 'free pass', without clearing their cooldown. But only SOME events are setup to look for this free pass(each event needs a different free-pass 'name' to look for, and choose to ignore the cooldown checks if its found. As said, Not all events are setup to do this as its much easier to check for the other events) due to the nature of how they work, thus why it only applies to !ejoin based events currently. (Each event has different join/party mechanics).

Don't misunderstand though, I'm not saying I won't ever make other events work with that system, just saying it's never a 1-fix-all solution. It's always a pain in the butt to make it work for new events.

That said, I did already make it work properly with Asylum, but haven't uploaded yet.
Find