Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

OC-U-L4S Buff/Change

https://i.imgur.com/mjd9qhK.png

Hello,

The Crystalline Resonance trait is pretty neat and it does a lot. If the trait procs and lands, it can be pretty devastating. However, the trait runs into an issue where the target will die most of the time before the trait gets much use. Causing the user to run out of ammo after their 3rd kill and not really leaching much if any life. I have some suggestions that may help the gun overall without increasing the TTK of the weapon and would hopefully be some QoL changes to make the trait/gun feel a tad better to use. As currently, the 2 playstyles that I've been successful on have been either a: shoot orb at AFKs then shoot at someone else, or b: use another person's primary after the 3rd/4th encounter.

If any of these changes are made, I believe that the 1st change listed would fit the gun best, giving the trait a unique playstyle but not making it too strong due to the user constantly needing to be in danger and winning fights to make it effective.

preferred Buff idea 1:
- Players that are tethered by the trait and get killed drop a charged orb for the OCUL4S user to pick up, this orb will refill the players active clip with whatever ammo was left in the players gun on death and this can overfill past the OCUL4S 25 clip cap (someone using a huge would give the user a large clip, but if someone is using a shotgun or deagle the ammo increase would be low).

This would allow the gun to have a higher risk to use but a higher reward. Being fast with the gun will reward the player for engagements but would put the user at greater risk of just dying. It would make up for the fact that this gun isn't good at all past short range due to the accuracy of the gun needs to be continuously fired for it to be worth it. Larger clips would mean the trait would get some more use, and possibly let the user engage in a slightly longer range. However, unless the OCUL4S use is gunning down AFKs, this shouldn't be too bad of a buff since most of the time the person on the receiving end should be shooting at the OCUL4s player as well. This would really just help with Ammo management for the OCUL4S user as currently, I'm just running out of ammo after the 3rd/4th kill it feels like.

buff Idea 2:
- Make the trait Linger on headshot kill, either tethering to a new nearby target or exploding causing the orb to be attached to multiple nearby targets.

This would make the trait itself last longer, making it more deadly. If latching onto another target, the ammo leach would get more use out of the item, allowing the OCUL4S user to continue firing. Would give scenarios where the OCUL4S use is latched onto multiple targets, leaching ammo/HP. Could be fun Smile but would honestly cause more issues with crossfire and unsure if more of that would be wanted since even something like Gory is annoying so this is just an idea.

QoL Change idea 1:
- Make the accuracy stay tighter longer, and not resetting when just stop firing. Feels weird going from normal aim to can't hit the side of a barn just because I stopped firing. Part of the reason why the ammo is doodoo.

QoL change idea 2:
- give the gun more overall ammo, boring QoL change but the simplest one.

In all, Buff idea 1 would be neat in practice and wouldn't just be free value. The QoL changes are something that could help the feel of the weapon in the meantime, but may not want to be stacked with buff idea 1 if that makes sense.

jk lol

3 kills is good smh, just use dimension crystal for more ammo. +0
Find