Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FRG ROUNDS TOURNEY ( 1v1 )

After some light interest shown, I have decided that it is time to host an FRG ROUNDS tourney!

"What is ROUNDS?"
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1557740/ROUNDS/
ROUNDS is a 1v1 roguelike shooter-platformer, generally speaking.
Each round is started by both players picking a power card out of a random assortment of five.
These can augment your health, your gun you shoot with, your blocking power, and more.
There are various rarities to the cards ( gray < blue < pink ) but more rare doesn't necessarily mean more powerful!
a few example cards you could expect to see:
You then shoot your opponent to death, avoiding stage hazards, and can even deflect bullets if you time your right click shield correctly.
Whoever loses the round gets to pick another card out of a new assortment.

"How will the tourney work?"
Firstly, post a reply to this thread to indicate your interest.
After the entrance cutoff date (4/29), I will input all the names into a program that generates a 1v1 bracket.
I'll contact everyone who entered on Discord to notify them of who they're facing, and to gauge what time both will be available to play.
We will play a Best-Of-Three matchup format until Semifinals and Finals, where we will play a Best-Of-Five format. Ideally, these games will be streamed by at least one of the participants in an FRG voice channel, but in the event that that cannot happen, the winner of each match will have to screenshot the victory screen to make sure there's no funny business happening.
It's also a lot more fun for spectators if it can be streamed. Wink

"What are the rewards?"
The starting prize bracket will be as follows:

Finalist: 1x Huginn's Legacy, 1x Easter Bomb, 1x Easter Jewel + More

Semifinalist: 1x Easter Jewel + More

However, provided any community-submitted rewards, this can be expanded to more of the bracket or added onto the previous tiers.

"When will this be?"
Ideally I'd want to start this tourney 1 week from now ( 5/1 ) but that can be pushed sooner or later depending on the amount of interest shown.

"But that game costs money!"
While that is true, it is $6, and you can certainly refund the game after playing your matches

TLDR:
Game: ROUNDS
Date:
Entrance: By 4/29
Tourney : 5-1-2021, sooner or later as necessary due to scheduling.
Prizes: Huginn's, Easter Jewels, more.

Please give this game and tourney a chance even if you have doubts, and I promise you will have some fun. Smile

the game isnt free

BROOO, im king of rounds, just make sure to NOT include parade in the tourney bc he plays like such a pussy
Find

I must join.

I am the Rounds master

I must join too.

I beat parade all the time (he sucks).

If I win, all the items go in the post-round giveaway.

(04-24-2021, 09:09 PM)Brassx Wrote:  If I win, all the items go in the post-round giveaway.

don't have to worry about that.

p.s. i enter too
Find

I'm down, this sounds pretty fun. Even if I get knocked out round 1, it still seems like it'd be enjoyable.
Find

This man gunna be sweating
Find

Oml this is so free. I'm in
Find

Can't wait to get my ass blasted. I'm down
Find