Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mousey complaints

think what you want but this thread has a point, its not sometimes its all the time, hes mass karma baited before by respawning himself and attacking innos as an inno. its not that hard, come on

My last inputs on this matter,

(09-19-2021, 08:10 AM)Brassx Wrote:  I agree mousey can take his memes a little too far sometimes. But I truly believe he doesn't have any ill intentions, he's just trying to break the monotonous, brainless flow of ttt and goof off a bit. But I can fully understand why some people would be upset about some of those things, and as stated - know he can sometimes take the memes a little too far.

My issue with this is that it's a mod using powers in an unintended way to break the flow of TTT. There would be a better way to do that without requiring a mod to be online & wanting to goof around for this flow to be broken in a healthier way that doesn't directly affect rounds of TTT:
- minigame rounds
- Boss rounds
- Chance for 3-4 rounds of boss rush on map change
These are already things that can be used to help with breaking the brainless flow without having a situation where it can just look like a mod abusing powers. My only thought would be to make them uncommon and to increase the rewards for participating in these events/minigames so there isn't burnout from these and people feel rewarded for participating. If someone doesn't want to participate, they could instead just set themselves to AFK and use this period as a short break.

(09-19-2021, 01:58 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  Manager is a voluntary unpaid position on a game where the goal is to fuck around as much as possible - stupid mods, big booba jiggle physics, fucking with friends, all that is the premise of why gmod got big in the first place. Though I will say, I remember Brass asking Mousey to act more professional when he was first promoted - not mic spam, not act out, not come on drunk, and I think those have sailed out the window as time went on.
The only time I would say managers should act "professional" is if they were paid (brass im looking for a paid job please hello) or if the server exploded in such quantity where it became a business beyond garry's mod. But that's Brass' decision when to tighten up.

I've seen more professional managers on Overwatch teams that only had intentions of touching the enemy spawn door and get 0 benefits in return. Brass is the one that sets the expectations for staff, but seeing how much people are dropping for just ruby improb, I'd imagine that it should be taken more seriously instead of being seen just as a role with powers. Managers on FRG perform mostly back-end duties so it's hard to see their impact as a normal player. Because of this, players can just see a manager miss-using some of their powers when it looks like they aren't doing what other staff on the server are doing (handling reports, mutes, etc).

Lastly, I'm unsure of what commands Administrators have access to, but I don't even really ever see them miss-using their powers outside of their intended uses.

Lee for Manager

i enjoyed mousey way more before manager, fun guy made good jokes now just abuses cause the only person above him is brass and he knows brass wont punish him for fucking around with others via manager commands. Makes for a super shitty experience when you get gagged/muted/jailed for nothing then he leaves the server and your now punished for no reason but mousey's personal enjoyment and the person to ungag/unmute/unjail you left.
Find

I like Mousey but he's slowly become more and more lackadaisical with how much he cares what he does with his powers. Like most the other people in here I think it's fine to do it rarely but with how often he does it its become annoying. Also like a lot of other people said, when a new player sees a Manager ghosting or respawning himself or any of the other things he does constantly but no staff taking care of reports it sets a really bad precedent to what staff can do and what players can do.
Find

Promote mousey to Member+, been sayin this for too long!
Find

Replying to what mousey did, first of I like mousey when hes not turning into a super sperg, but when this was happening it just is ridiculous, like after that t round i had the next round he rdmed me and i honestly cant tell if he did it intentionally, though he did slay himself. I also had to turn his voice scale to 0.01 because its just not "Fun" to hear screaming the entire night. In my opinion this is ridiculous he gets way to out of hand sometimes and its just annoying even if there are moments that are funny

(09-19-2021, 04:48 PM)Unknown Wrote:  My last inputs on this matter,

(09-19-2021, 08:10 AM)Brassx Wrote:  I agree mousey can take his memes a little too far sometimes. But I truly believe he doesn't have any ill intentions, he's just trying to break the monotonous, brainless flow of ttt and goof off a bit. But I can fully understand why some people would be upset about some of those things, and as stated - know he can sometimes take the memes a little too far.

My issue with this is that it's a mod using powers in an unintended way to break the flow of TTT. There would be a better way to do that without requiring a mod to be online & wanting to goof around for this flow to be broken in a healthier way that doesn't directly affect rounds of TTT:
- minigame rounds
- Boss rounds
- Chance for 3-4 rounds of boss rush on map change
These are already things that can be used to help with breaking the brainless flow without having a situation where it can just look like a mod abusing powers. My only thought would be to make them uncommon and to increase the rewards for participating in these events/minigames so there isn't burnout from these and people feel rewarded for participating. If someone doesn't want to participate, they could instead just set themselves to AFK and use this period as a short break.

(09-19-2021, 01:58 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  Manager is a voluntary unpaid position on a game where the goal is to fuck around as much as possible - stupid mods, big booba jiggle physics, fucking with friends, all that is the premise of why gmod got big in the first place. Though I will say, I remember Brass asking Mousey to act more professional when he was first promoted - not mic spam, not act out, not come on drunk, and I think those have sailed out the window as time went on.
The only time I would say managers should act "professional" is if they were paid (brass im looking for a paid job please hello) or if the server exploded in such quantity where it became a business beyond garry's mod. But that's Brass' decision when to tighten up.

I've seen more professional managers on Overwatch teams that only had intentions of touching the enemy spawn door and get 0 benefits in return. Brass is the one that sets the expectations for staff, but seeing how much people are dropping for just ruby improb, I'd imagine that it should be taken more seriously instead of being seen just as a role with powers. Managers on FRG perform mostly back-end duties so it's hard to see their impact as a normal player. Because of this, players can just see a manager miss-using some of their powers when it looks like they aren't doing what other staff on the server are doing (handling reports, mutes, etc).

Lastly, I'm unsure of what commands Administrators have access to, but I don't even really ever see them miss-using their powers outside of their intended uses.

Admins have the same commands as mods do (when I was last admin, doubt it would of changed much since then since there's literally no reason to have respawn, set karma, etc).

I know i don't play but a manager that just "memes" around doing shit like that is a bad example. Unpoke never did that, Jake never did that. There's no excuse for respawning yourself, setting your own karma or talking through csay about the current round, and I know I used it a lot for memeing too.

We're here to have fun (atleast I hope so), I'm sure what he has done has been annoying or has made people upset, which is not what a manager should be doing.

If people have a problem about the flow of TTT, isn't that why there are multiple other servers and gamemodes in the lobby that exist to alleviate that?

(09-19-2021, 01:58 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  There were a lot of different values I upheld as manager such as never karma resetting or blocking players but those were things that I chose to do because honestly I took the position maybe a lil too seriously for what it is.

Manager is a voluntary unpaid position on a game where the goal is to fuck around as much as possible - stupid mods, big booba jiggle physics, fucking with friends, all that is the premise of why gmod got big in the first place. Though I will say, I remember Brass asking Mousey to act more professional when he was first promoted - not mic spam, not act out, not come on drunk, and I think those have sailed out the window as time went on.

If Mousey was just fucking around with Default, and Default had absolutely no problem with it and they just had a good laugh about it, it's one TTT round, who cares?

Considering this

"Do you understand the responsibilities and agree to keep up with the required quotas: Yes, I've had experience doing similar work for MG and I am more than willing to learn anything that I may not fully understand how its done here."

Is a part of the Manager application, its not payed nor is it a 'job'. But its an expectation to do what you signed up for.

Quote:Parade is a pretty good manager, I've heard no negative things about him nor see him abusing his power.

I’m not much of a TTT enthusiast as much, but when I do play the ttt servers I just use my powers and commands with people I’m most comfortable with, as long as they’re fine with it and are having fun too.

Quote:To be fair... Parade doesn't play TTT. Not nearly as much as mousey anyways.

Should be a simple thing to resolve without a demotion (if I demoted mousey no manager related things would get done, cause parade plays valorant and hunt 24/7 Smile )

This is so not true, I’m just in the MIDDLE of valorant or hunt when something important happens. I also get Mousey to do member applications with me!
Find

In all seriousness though, I feel like Mousey used to use[abuse] his powers in a memey way in "good taste"  but it just got to a point of him seeming like he really does not care about the server anymore. It's hard to tell if he's joking when he says he hates the server cause everyone is mean to him or w/e when all he'll do after that is mic spam, mass rdm and abuse his powers in a really shitty, unfun way (main example is him mass respawning himself, karma baiting people just to try to talk or meme around with Danderp for whatever reason. and there are more examples I'd have to gather/dig for evidence). Mousey has been abusing his powers for longer than not AFAICR and it just seems like he get some sort of special treatment/blind eye to his shitty actions cuz he edited some rules... Either way I know this post of mine is just going to come off as a rant, but what else can I do at this point? Its obvious its gonna be really hard for mousey to be punished for his actions and I know he plans on abusing that fact for as long as possible, because that's exactly what's been happening. The point of this post is to get some shit off my chest about how I feel about this situation, so sorry for the incoherent rambling but this situation has just gotten really annoying really fast.

And I didn't even mention how often Mousey attempts to "staff" the server while completely inebriated  Tongue
Find