Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Master Scroll

Lightbulb 
Master Scroll

Description

A "Master Scroll" could be started once a month (Cooldown could be changed depending on end loot/difficulty/VIP status/If it's crafted/whatever).

Progress to Master Scrolls would be tied to each scroll you have active. Instead of having goals like kills/damage/slider/etc, it would progress through individual ticks of progress from your easy/medium/etc scrolls (could also be tied to PVE goals).
EXAMPLE an easy scroll gives you a 17 kill challenge, if you use a gilded/challenge gun you could only get those 17 ticks of progress on the Master Scroll but if you used a non-gilded it would be a possible 34 ticks of progress on the Master Scroll from that one stage.

Motivation
- With this being added people could get more bang for their buck having fun with their non-sweaty (to an extent) weapons completing scrolls slowly or you could still speedrun scrolls for their initial loot with lower Master Scroll progress gained per normal scroll.

- To promote not sweating further, using a socket primary/secondary or buckshot could/should grant no progress to Master Scrolls.

Notes
- Master Scroll would have its own dedicated tab in the Activities tab
- Runes of easing would have no effect on these
- Hard/Expert/Professional easings would have no effect on these
- Depending on how this wanted to be rolled out each scroll tier could have its own Master Scroll (i.e "Easy/Hard/pro Scroll Master") or they could all be geared towards the same final contract reward under just a "Master Scroll" title.
- This could finally be the introduction of the Tormented Annihilation (janus LMG)

I just wanted to clarify this, but in the statement above example and that statement itself, in the case of completing scrolls to gain progress for the master scroll itself, how would you intend for a system like that to work, in the case of having two scrolls active, one being the master scroll and the other that the master scroll is getting progress from you completing?
Find

(01-29-2022, 09:58 PM)GrimmWits Wrote:  I just wanted to clarify this, but in the statement above example and that statement itself, in the case of completing scrolls to gain progress for the master scroll itself, how would you intend for a system like that to work, in the case of having two scrolls active, one being the master scroll and the other that the master scroll is getting progress from you completing?

Master Scroll would have its own tab in the activities tab
Find

I like this idea. I actually really think adding gilded was a wrong turn for FRG. It was fine not having to specifically use the gun you wanted during challenge scrolls, at double the cost of kills, but making gilded (and especially gilded and half gilded combos) was just a bad move. Personal opinion. Outside of that, though, it sounds pretty good.
Find

Something worth noting in its own comment

With brass' newly improved trait blacklist (for socket items atm) he could also blacklist certain traited guns from gaining progress on this as well (main example being buckshot).
Find

bumpin
Find