Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

See ya guys

(11-09-2022, 03:35 PM)Shoomez Wrote:  Oh man this is a tough post to make.

NTG and then later FRG have been a massive part of my from 2013 onwards. I really can't understate how important this community has been to me. NTG was my main source of socialization and an escape from an unfortunate situation from the years 2014-2016. I spent a ridiculous amount of time on the server, probably way too much, but I don't regret it at all. I met so many people, made so many friends, and had a lot of unique experiences. Getting promoted to manager had been a goal of mine on the server for a long time and when I finally achieved that it was a massive highlight in my life at the time. Unfortunately, making a 16 year old manager/head of staff probably wasn't the best idea, especially since the server was struggling enough at the time anyways. Stepping down sooner is definitely something I should have done, but I'm still proud that I was ever manager at all lmao.

After NTG died, I took a bit of a break from TTT before migrating here. A lot of my old friends were here and I mostly just wanted to interact with a lot of you guys again. As expected, you guys were all super welcoming and I got a lot of help getting started on here. I remember Tarra giving me pretty much his entire inventory at the time which was extremely generous. So many others that I hadn't interacted with in years remembered me from NTG and did what they could to get me more involved on the server. Running events with Edit, Hockey, Enchantable, and Loqacious is probably something that sticks out to me the most about my early days on FRG. I had a really great time with you guys back in the day and never really found a group to replace that group for consistently running events.

Over the last few years I went from playing for hours daily to playing occasionally when I have the time. Unfortunately, having the time has become a pretty rare occurrence these days. My class schedule has been brutal the last few years and even when I do have the time I don't enjoy FRG or TTT nearly as much as I used to. On top of that, life has a way of kicking me in the ass every few years, and it has been one of those years. I've had a lot to think about the last few weeks. Like a lot a lot. I've pretty much completely revaluated and recalibrated what I want to do with my entire life moving forward and I don't think FRG should be or even can be a healthy part of it.

There is so many things I could say about this server, NTG, my friends here, and all the memories I have but it's hard to decide what to talk about and I definitely can't talk about all of it. Overall, I really just want to say thank you to everyone I've had the chance to meet and get to know here and thanks especially to Brassx for creating something that has been such a massive part of my life up until now.

I'm really going to miss you guys.
I truly wish you the best. I know life gets... rough at times... REALLY rough. There's times where it feels like your entire world is crashing down, led by the choices people close to you make. All I can say is you'll look back in years and realize you dodged a bullet, realize if things didn't happen the way they did, you wouldn't be in your current position. These experiences can make you a better and stronger person when you manage to work through it, but it's a lot of work, a lot of rebuilding. But you can do it.

Glad my work could be something massive in your life until now, and I hope overall you look back positively on the experiences.

Once again, I wish you all the best man. Heart