Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Any DOTA nerds out there?

Since kili was posting about heroes of the storm, I noticed there was a bunch of people interested in a beta key. I was wondering if any of you play DOTA. If so, I'm looking to set up a team to play semi-competitive.
Find

Dota is confusing as fuck
Fuck the max 2 image limit. (Imagine happy asian guy here)
Find

4.8k mmr reporting in
Find

(04-09-2015, 09:29 PM)TheEpicZephyr Wrote:  Dota is confusing as fuck

This. Really there's so many different things you have to learn, I don't even find it fun. There are probably 100 DOTA words I don't know.
Find

(04-10-2015, 01:55 AM)Maeps Wrote:  4.8k mmr reporting in

Well shit son.... I'm a lowly 2.7k peasant. I'm gonna start doing more captain's mode from now on. Tired of playing ranked all pick and getting morons that first pick someone who is easily countered or last pick a hard carry when we have absolutely no support. I've been steadily climbing from 2.4k for the last 2 weeks and I think captain's mode could bring me up to ~3.2k

Probably won't be nearing your skill level anytime soon though.
Find

(04-10-2015, 06:09 AM)Cryptic Phantom Wrote:  
(04-10-2015, 01:55 AM)Maeps Wrote:  4.8k mmr reporting in

Well shit son.... I'm a lowly 2.7k peasant. I'm gonna start doing more captain's mode from now on. Tired of playing ranked all pick and getting morons that first pick  someone who is easily countered or last pick a hard carry when we have absolutely no support. I've been steadily climbing from 2.4k for the last 2 weeks and I think captain's mode could bring me up to ~3.2k

Probably won't be nearing your skill level anytime soon though.

We all went through it, no worries. You just have to know when to take objectives, and when to pick certain heroes.
Find

ew dota
Oh Hey...it's me C:

Find

I've tried playing dota a few times, but as stated earlier it's just damn confusing.
Find

sounds about right lol
Find

Start by learning the basics.
From there, Starting with Abaddon and ending with Zeus, go from A to Z playing every hero. That way you know what every hero does, and what their role is. It helps when you are playing a game and you get instabgibbed by nyx, but instead of going "WTF" you just sigh in regret of hitting him when he had his spiked carapace up. This goes with every other hero, and familiarizes you with all the roles and the diversity of the different playstyles there are.
Find