Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Maeps unban request

(05-21-2015, 01:26 PM)Soulmasher The Anti-Hallowed Wrote:  The proof of you doing it is there so why lie about it? But i don't think it needs a repeal in any way but maby a shorten to a 4-6 moth ban MABY if he gets lucky.

I dunno if I'm not seeing something but all I see is some logs that are somewhat unrelated to Maeps, and the word of staff.

Ohhh his name was Dno did Benghazi or whatever at the time of the incident. nevermind.

ill post my opinion when I get home from school, as it will probably be lengthy.
Find

There usually is some RDM that goes on in the morning when no one is on and late at night when no one is on ("no one" being 4-5 maybe 6 people). It doesn't really get out of control, but I can see why it could annoy some people.
There was some joking around last night and I did get messaged by someone about the RDM and that I probably should not come back on because of it. So, I didn't really witness it.

Maeps, when you said that you figured some people wanted to have fun while playing TTT, did you mean randomly damaging/killing them? Or did you mean joking around about someone's racist name? Did you see that other's were upset about it? Some people are okay with this if they know it's a joke...some people are not because it can be an annoyance.

Did the people who you did randomly hit / kill know it was a joke / were they okay with it? Because it seems like they didn't (you said Terran was, but that’s it).

I’m not saying that either Cyan or Maeps is lying. Obviously Cyan is doing his job because people reported this issue to him. But Maeps could be telling semi-telling the truth as in, he didn’t RDM as much as the other two.

Even if you weren’t metagaming with them, they’re your friends, right? As a friend, you care about them, or supposed to anyways. So, you’re supposed to tell them that what they’re doing is wrong and they probably shouldn’t be doing it before they get punished for it. Then no one would be banned! Big Grin

I have 0 problems with you, and I really hope your sentence gets shortened. But sometimes people step over the line…and you may have done that. I really suggest that even though YOU don't think you're in the wrong, you should try seeing all sides of it (as a witness to see it happen, as someone getting RDM'd by someone else, and from a moderator's perspective).
Find

The last time I saw you on was a couple weeks ago on TTT_Fallout. You were trolling. You kept making your name something offensive when you were asked to change it (I believe it was McNuggie). I haven't played with you for a while but it seems like your behavior hasn't changed. It's fine to mess around sometimes but when it's the only thing you do it becomes a problem. -1
Genesis Does What NintenDon't

I'm sarcastic a lot, take what I say with a grain of salt.
Find

http://www.mediafire.com/download/f05pdotgh566ki6/DNOandMaepsgg5.dem

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cicaccwho6dkmwn/DNOandMaepsgg6.dem

The Dno RDMing a T infront of you is near the beginning in the 1st demo, the part where you verbally allowed him to stick a remote bomb on you and agreeing to metagame is near then end of the 2nd. Enjoy.
Find

Cyan Spy was lurking on an alt if I remember, but there's one thing I don't like: Yes, I understand that this was witnessed, but as a staff member your job is to teach, explain and prevent, not simply execute. It is completely unwarranted etiquette when you simply let people do what they do without even handing them a warning in the middle to guide them on the right path.

Then again, I'm countering THAT point with "We all know how DNO and Maeps can be", so its not exactly a severe problem here, but it still doesn't represent what a staff member should be. I was playing before Chicken came on, and I did witness some bullshit, but it never interfered with the game and nobody got hurt over it, (This could be my fault, and if you ask witnesses I actually JOINED IN on the metagaming once. I let DNO place a bomb on me and I ran at maeps screaming lemonz. I figured it was funny and between friends, and nobody else got hurt. You can ban me over that if you want, but I had fun doing it even if only once.) but things could have changed after I left. Could be my fault for leaving the server unattended, but I'm supposed to get off at 9 and it was 10, past when I have to check my blood pressure and pop pills.

Anyways, the judgement has been made but I'd really like the server to step up between "People do bad things, but not to me personally, so IDGAF" and "Someone is suffering, help them!" I trust Doctor Rat's opinion and Cyan Spy's obviously, even if his techniques is dubious, but now I'm blaming myself because I left and caused this to happen. Sorry about that.

I love playing with you maeps, and DNO too, which means I'm biased and won't leave any non-neutral opinion here. Sorry. Maybe I'm a shitty friend but I used to place friends above the server far, far too often, and it just caused grief for others. I don't think you'd get unbanned, but, well, dang. Sometimes people just have to move on from something that doesn't suit them, guys.
Find

It's totally fine to mess around with friends sometimes. I agree that there's not really too much of an issue if no one really cares. But there is the problem, it can cause a lot of issues like these. Even randoms/new players can see it and get the wrong idea. We definitely don't want to be a server that's all rules and no fun, but rules ARE there for a reason. It keeps the game enjoyable for most, and helps the game mode be played how it was meant to.

As for what maeps did, I'm not really sure it's exactly perma-ban worthy. I will get some more input from others before the final decision.

I personally say give him another chance. He has not been at all as big as an issue Dno and chicken were, and he is a fun guy to play with. I don't really think it should be a perma.
Find

Ehhh, I wasn't on at the time this happened, but someone (Who wishes not to be named) was MSGing me telling me what was going on. From my point of view, Yes, Maeps did do wrong, but we all have at one point in our lives, and it's good to look back and remember what happens when it does. For me, I mess around with people quite often (mostly Terran) and as long as I don't go to far, it's all good. As for my input, yes, I believe Maeps should be either Unbanned or at least shortened. Big Grin
Umpty Dumpty
Find

So what you are saying is that I attempted rdm on one person, and killed Terran ( which knew I was joking ) and I get a perma for it? The only one I was effecting with any of this was me and dno. We even went to the corner of the map to make ourselves secluded. ( I'm only speaking for myself here, I will not and cannot speak for Dno ).

The bombs never actually killed anyone other than terran, did they? If they even went off, that is. If so, I essentially got perma'd for attempt rdm. This is incorrect. That's worthy of a slay, and you should have put a slay on me. IF I killed anyone with a bomb, that's understandable, but I didn't. And even if I did, it was far from everyone, therefor making this a baseless complaint. "If a tree falls in a forest and nobody's around to hear it, does it make a sound?" Only me and Dno hear it, the others are just egging us on, trying to get us in trouble even though they aren't involved.
Find

Yo, Maeps
Find