Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lobby Server Suggestion

Well there's quest now. I was thinking why not Riddles. Just like the way challenge scrolls worked on NTG giving a riddle sometimes. It be pretty cool solving some riddles again
It could be a separate person who gives them. it also could take up a "Quest slot" I guess that's what its called
Well that's up to brass
Twistz
Positive (+1): Ill Baja Blast you in bed Kappa. +1.
Find

Riddles are too easy to solve. An example was the kid on ntg that created a website which had all riddle answers on it
Find

(05-27-2015, 12:11 PM)Aresuft Wrote:  Riddles are too easy to solve. An example was the kid on ntg that created a website which had all riddle answers on it

True Ture, But i'm sure there are ways to get riddles in and not have everyone know the riddle by heart
Twistz
Find

A way to remove redundancy in any game mechanic is to make it randomly generated, but you can see how randomly generating a riddle can be over complicated for how simple it should be to create, but realistically you can get people to help you with anything and this includes metagaming, so if you were to add riddles then just give them a low reward.
Find

(05-27-2015, 12:23 PM)RadioActiveCow Wrote:  A way to remove redundancy in any game mechanic is to make it randomly generated, but you can see how randomly generating a riddle can be over complicated for how simple it should be to create, but realistically you can get people to help you with anything and this includes metagaming, so if you were to add riddles then just give them a low reward.

There's already a rule with the quest and meta gaming. why not make the same type of rule with riddles. but yeah i think lower rewards should come with the riddles
Twistz
Find

Randomized scavenger hunts with little hints/riddles to the location of what you're looking for could be fun (On TTT, while harder it would be more enjoyable since the lobby is only one map it could get very tedious). Removing the riddles, while, in my opinion, unfortunate (since that would be what makes them fun and rewarding), would solve the meta-gaming problem Aresuft pointed out. Even though it is against the rules I doubt people would not talk about them with each other and it would be very difficult to enforce/prove. Just my $0.02
Genesis Does What NintenDon't

I'm sarcastic a lot, take what I say with a grain of salt.
Find

Nah Riddles won't work. They are too easy because people can easily steam message friends and ask what the answer is.
Find

They were a neat idea, and Brass thought of some cool ones, but they turned into tedious word-from-mouth hunt-for-that-specific map. I mean, I liked it, but I didn't really like it.
Find