Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Beta PatchNotes 12/1/2014 (Coinshop launch!)

•Added the coinshop system(my take on the infamous pointshop), you can open it from the button inside your inventory, or by typing:
!coin, /coin,  !coinshop, /coinshop, !shop, or /shop.
Once you do this, give it a few seconds to load if it's your first time opening it. Now, you can simply left click on items to select an option!

There are a decent amount of various models to play with, please report any bugs you may find.
(also note, the system uses coins straight out of your Inventory)
See below for more.

•Added some new tiers for the beta testers.
•Added a new unique.
•Added some new Traits(one straight from Terrans Suggestion thread).
•Added coins to Item Crates, there are a few varying rarities/amounts in them.
•Trait/suffix chances now scale properly according to clip size.

Main features of the Coinshop:
Model customization.
You can click "Customize Model" in the Coinshop to customize your player model, this allows you to rotate, position, change bone attachments, and scale "accessory" models you own and have equipped.

Controls:
You can control the camera rotation by click your right mouse button, and dragging the mouse. You can change the focal point with the left mouse.

You can also use WASD and the arrow keys.

Mouse wheel to zoom in or out.

(You can also hover the mouse on the labels for the specific attribute, and do more precise movement, or simply type in a number)

Integration with the Inventory
You can transfer items from the coinshop to your inventory, keeping all of your modifications to the transferred item! So you can potentially sell outfits if you make some cool stuff!

You can easily move your item back to the coin shop by right clicking on it, and selecting "use".

You can disable displaying other peoples Attachments!
Just hit F1 and go to settings, and uncheck "Show Coinshop Items".

This setting is for you if you're tired of seeing some outrageous outfits.

All of the models and props used in the system are included inside GMOD, so I'm keeping all custom downloads at a minimum!

Remember to report all bugs you find with this new system! Be sure to check out http://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=62 to see if the bug is known before reporting it!

I hope you all enjoy this new system, I put quite a lot of effort and time into creating it, it has so many more possibilities too!

(Also note, not all Accessory items have their default starting positions set yet)
Find

Oh man! That is a TON of content! Also: New testers. You're the best, man, thanks! Spent around 900 coins on two crates, then I got coins from both. It kept going on like that! Anyways. I'm including a screenshot here, there's what looks like an error problem in the console.

I'll test with the outfits and stuff and see if I can find any problems.
Find

I read about attachments disabling option - does that mean that they have no collision & thus NOT affect the hitboxes unlike that afro+snow head combo?

(12-01-2014, 05:25 PM)Bottle4 Wrote:  I read about attachments disabling option - does that mean that they have no collision & thus NOT affect the hitboxes unlike that afro+snow head combo?

There are no collisions with the attachments. They are Clientside Models.

But uh.. Pointshop Items on other servers are ALSO Clientside models, so they also have no collisions, and do not effect hitboxes at all.. They just obscure the actual head hitbox, making it a bit harder to hit because you think you can shoot the entire snow head/afro, when you can only shoot the head hitbox that's hidden behind them.

But with my system, if you see someone doing stuff like that, you can simply disable them and move on with your day Smile.

I forgot to mention in the changelogs, I made ULX commands for staff to ban people from using the coinshop for any amount of time, so people abusing it will be banned from it temporarily, or even permanently.
Find

We should make achivement. We all love pointless reward! well I do.

Seems to be going well so far!
Find

Except for the part where player model props are huuuuuuuuge and that I have no more points.
Find

(12-02-2014, 01:26 AM)xxhackxx Wrote:  Except for the part where player model props are huuuuuuuuge and that I have no more points.

My melon hand though.
Find

Any chance you can disable pointshop items for INDIVIDUALS and not everyone? Would be neat.
Find

Cool stuff!
Find