Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Quest suiciders

So im pretty sure everyone is aware of those who suicide to avoid people getting quest progress.

So I was talking with axe and we agreed on a system where it tracked righteous kills/shit being denied by suiciders would still give credit if they were the last attacker. (depending on certain quests.)

That or a rule to prevent griefing via suicide.

(Even brass said its a dick thing to do.)

Axe: can u add !quest ban if people are found boosting

This should also be a thing. People caught abusing quests could get banned from having access to them. (admin+ only)
Find

We all know of it, but something to track cases like that would both cause problems in the long run and be a bitch to get in. I'm all for punishments if evidence can be caught, but going THAT extreme isn't worth it.

I've done 4 (5?) weeks worth of quests, most weeks worth in a single day, and have only had real issues a couple of times. Annoying, yes, but not requiring of massive, immediate attention.

Instead, Axe's idea of a !quest ban would suffice. Admin or higher, of course.
Find

What about a kill/explode cooldown? As in, you can not use these commands * amount of seconds after being damaged. So for instance, you get shot, and you can not suicide for another 2-3 seconds. This allows time for the person attacking to actually finish the kill.

(07-05-2015, 04:24 AM)Brassx Wrote:  What about a kill/explode cooldown? As in, you can not use these commands * amount of seconds after being damaged. So for instance, you get shot, and you can not suicide for another 2-3 seconds. This allows time to the person attacking to actually finish the kill.

that would work but what about quest boosters ik its under metagaming but quest bans I think would be better.
Find

That'd be actually interesting, Brass. I feel as if there shouldn't even be a way to kill yourself almost. Of course, people could still run off of roof-tops or smack explosive barrels, but that's TTT.
Find

I think the you cant suicide after taking damage would work perfectly to stop quest griefing. Suiciding to prevent kills is outside TTT logic anyway. there is no reason to do it normally.
Find

(07-05-2015, 04:25 AM)Axe Wrote:  
(07-05-2015, 04:24 AM)Brassx Wrote:  What about a kill/explode cooldown? As in, you can not use these commands * amount of seconds after being damaged. So for instance, you get shot, and you can not suicide for another 2-3 seconds. This allows time to the person attacking to actually finish the kill.

that would work but what about quest boosters ik its under metagaming but quest bans I think would be better.

Yeah. Boosting quests will either be a quest ban, or even a ban from the lobby server all together.

I'll make commands for that fairly soon, but for now just report anyone boosting to me and I'll wipe their quest progress/forerunner fragments. I'll add the cooldown to kill/explode shortly.
Find

What is boosting?
Find

(07-05-2015, 06:57 AM)Rotshout Wrote:  What is boosting?

Boosting is basically meta-gaming to cheat your Quest Progress.

i.e.: "Hey, let me RDM you for my quest!"
"Okay!"
Find

I have added a 5 cooldown on the kill/explode commands. This applies when you are damaged by anything other than yourself, meaning, you can not use kill or explode until over 5 seconds after you were last damaged.