Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Games with the best stories?

I used to use Ironhand's, and simply the Lazy Newb Pack. It was an all-in-one program that both ran Dwarf Fortress, and allowed you to use some newbie-friendly options. (Such as disabling the underground Aquifer, hence not needing to learn pumping/water management early on, one-click installation of tilesets like Ironhand's, Mayday's and Phoebus', plus Dwarf Therapist for outside program control and managing of dwarves).

I'll try to find an alternative since Lazy Newb Pack isn't updated anymore.

Actually, this might work just fine for you: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076

Give it a download and tell me, it seems to be an almost spiritual successor of the LNP. (Ironhand is my favorite tileset, but try all of them and see what you like! Stonesense also allows you to render your fortress in 3D, but you cannot play the game through it. It does let you see things in a more graphical way, though. You can run it alongside Dwarf Fortress.)
Find

Hey Dave, you aren't staff here and most likely never will be. How about you let the staff decide what is and isn't allowed and when to enforce rules. K thanks.

(07-21-2015, 06:09 PM)Terran Wrote:  I used to use Ironhand's, and simply the Lazy Newb Pack. It was an all-in-one program that both ran Dwarf Fortress, and allowed you to use some newbie-friendly options. (Such as disabling the underground Aquifer, hence not needing to learn pumping/water management early on, one-click installation of tilesets like Ironhand's, Mayday's and Phoebus', plus Dwarf Therapist for outside program control and managing of dwarves).

I'll try to find an alternative since Lazy Newb Pack isn't updated anymore.

Actually, this might work just fine for you: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076

Give it a download and tell me, it seems to be an almost spiritual successor of the LNP. (Ironhand is my favorite tileset, but try all of them and see what you like! Stonesense also allows you to render your fortress in 3D, but you cannot play the game through it. It does let you see things in a more graphical way, though. You can run it alongside Dwarf Fortress.)

I actually use a tileset. My only problem with the game is that I can't get my dwarves to do shit.
Find

You'll have to make sure each Dwarf is assigned to a specific job. Dwarf Therapist, which comes in that pack, is a third-party program that makes managing Dwarves skill-sets and jobs easy as can be, with a graphical interface. Give it a try, it should help a LOT.
Find

Mine cringe has da bes stowy out of gaymes.
Find

If you want your heart ripped apart and let sadness fill it, Heavy Rain
Find

(07-24-2015, 10:37 PM)ScottSummers12 Wrote:  If you want your heart ripped apart and let sadness fill it, Heavy Rain

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU​UUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Find

(07-24-2015, 10:41 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  
(07-24-2015, 10:37 PM)ScottSummers12 Wrote:  If you want your heart ripped apart and let sadness fill it, Heavy Rain

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU​UUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

YOU KNOW! YOU KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
Find