Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Games with the best stories?

Well, depends on the Genre, so I feel the need to give my favorite list of sotry based games.

Shooter:
Well, these games don't really pull for a great story, but I have heard amazing things about Spec Ops: The Line, so I would put that at the top for games that I have heard a lot about.

Revolutions:
I give this to the Red Faction series, for it takes a really nice split off from Total Recall, where you play as a group of Workers that are fed up with the EDF (Earth Defense Force) and decide to rise against oppression and fight for glory... while having the procedural destruction that has been seen so far (Excluding JC3 for now).

Melancholy:
This goes to Gone Home, a game in which you come home from college to find the house you once lived in to be empty and filled with secrets to help discover why no one is home. It is worth picking up if you like walking games that have minimal content but a nice underlying story that becomes really fleshed out if you pay attention to all the details.

Horror:
I give this to Outlast, for the story is plain and simple. It doesn't involve some weird machine that opens a dream world, or some far-fetched ideas that have been seen as the "scariest things on earth" (i.e. The FNAF Series, the Slender Games, RAKE, and the likely storied, etc. , etc.). The point with this game is that you get called in by a guy who saw some crazy stuff go down in an asylum,, and you go to document it in the interest of monetary, and personal, gain. Worth every minute freaking out about battery life on the camera you wield.

General:
The best game I have played for story really goes to no game. They have all been pulled apart by now, and made so streamlined and saddening that stories just aren't as good anymore. Even Kingdom Hearts isn't original, and I have to say that the game play is amazing but the story just sits as another milestone on the way to more apocalypse games that all want to reap the current game market without any concern for content. But if I had to give it to any game, I would give it to the Infamous series, for it tried to do some different things, and it generally had a story worth listening to and trying to get as much details out of, until Second Son, where it was less a shade of its former self, more of a step in the wrong direction.
Find

Dave, just by you saying that I like you a little more
Find

Telltale's The Walking Dead series has been absolutely great. I haven't played the second season yet but the first season had me feeling all kinds of crap.

Bioshock infinite and Team Fortress 2 (There is a story, but its through comics and dev notes)
Find

Battletoads

Fallout, Far cry, Halo (No hate)

minecraft
Find

beyond good and evil, bioshock and the last of us.
Find

Beyond Two Souls (featuring Ellen Page)
Life is Strange
The Walking Dead (TTG, not that shitty FPS one.)

Farcry 3 and all of Halo
Find