Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Games with the best stories?

Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3. Your decisions carry over, and even with all the fan boy rage over the ending, the game series is still a good scifi story.
Find

Dwarf Fortress.

You make your own stories. The comics people design of actual events happening in their games should be obvious enough.

http://imgur.com/a/Qk6eT
Made this for you.
Find

(07-21-2015, 04:15 AM)Terran Wrote:  Dwarf Fortress.

You make your own stories. The comics people design of actual events happening in their games should be obvious enough.

http://imgur.com/a/Qk6eT
Made this for you.

I love that game, but it's too hard.
Find

Yeah, I don't blame you, even to this day I use a tile-set pack rather than the normal ASCII. The game has become way more complex since when I binged on it in 2013 or so. Once you learn it, though, the possibilities are quite literally endless.
Find

(07-21-2015, 05:07 AM)Terran Wrote:  Yeah, I don't blame you, even to this day I use a tile-set pack rather than the normal ASCII. The game has become way more complex since when I binged on it in 2013 or so. Once you learn it, though, the possibilities are quite literally endless.

I never seem to have the required workshop for my trance dwarves, because the dwarves that are supposed to set them up are in trances.
So they all go mad and rip out their own teeth.
Find

Oh, that's fun. Just wall the bastards in if there's a strange mood, but you should be able to set up a workshop with any Dwarf regardless of skill. Might be slower though?
Find

What...? Isn't this a thread for discussing games and stuff? I did go a bit off of the mainstream topic, but it was enjoyable to talk about a game I play that nobody else really does with someone of equal intelligence. (I'd say Greater since we all know I'm dumb, Rotshout, but then I'd feel bad. Also it wouldn't be much of a compliment since people tend to be smarter than me at every turn.)

Anyways, on-topic better: Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader is a kinda not-well-known ARPG with a really interesting plot. During the Crusades, a rift between worlds opened and hordes of demons came out, first crushing Saladin's army and then moving to the West. This caused people to mutate sometimes, becoming more demonlike or feral, and the Inquisition started a holy group for purging.

You play as a character of your own design, more in-depth than Diablo, and unravel a pretty bad-ass mystery.
Find

(07-21-2015, 06:42 AM)Psychotic Dave Wrote:  
(07-21-2015, 05:32 AM)Terran Wrote:  Oh, that's fun. Just wall the bastards in if there's a strange mood, but you should be able to set up a workshop with any Dwarf regardless of skill. Might be slower though?

This is going off topic. PM eachother?

Nigga this thread is in the off topic section and they are talking about games how the fuck is it off topic
Fuck the max 2 image limit. (Imagine happy asian guy here)

it's an off topic thread and he's talking about a videogame. get the stick out of your ass dave

Dave, you have posted 3 contender groups in this thread, and they were fleshing out the ideas of why it has the best story, so please do us all a favor and edit your previous post to make it the joined list, and stop barking at people for talking about WHY it has the best story. Thank you, and also on the topic of DF, I could never find a good tile-set, any you recommend to make the best story game more playable over the ASCII art that they chose? (example of why that would be a PM, there stuff wasn't necessary to be PMed)
Find