Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Report Suggestions 'n' Stuff.

So I've been a +Member for a coupl'a weeks now, and I think the report system could be smoother and more efficient if a few things were added including:
- A way for the staff member to respond to the reports directly to explain a rule/say if something is KOSable without interrupting the gaming atmosphere.
- Request a follow-up reply from either party (either with or without an admin response) to clear up something or so the reportee can ask another question
- Quick-reports*
- The ability for someone who is reporting and the return-reporter to access the damagelogs/shotlogs from the report menu and copy-paste or highlight where it happened.
* For the quick reports, there should be a drop bar that has the options of "RDM", "False call-out", "T-baiting/Karma baiting", "RDM t-buddy", "Attempted RDM", etc. so we don't have to see reports such as "H E DIDNT WAR NME WEN HE SHOT HIS GUN NEAR SKY SO I SHOT HIM OUT AND BOOM"

I feel like these would make handling reports much more efficient, quick, and easy.

- That Thrakos Noob

+1. All good ideas.
Find

The rdm manager wasn't made by brass so i'm not sure if he would feel comfortable editing someone elses code
Find

(07-23-2015, 01:29 AM)Aresuft Wrote:  The rdm manager wasn't made by brass so i'm not sure if he would feel comfortable editing someone elses code

it is a free addon released to the public on facepunch. I'm 99% sure that he is allowed to.
Find

lol i didn't know that was even a problem as long as he keeps the credit

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(07-23-2015, 01:33 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  lol i didn't know that was even a problem as long as he keeps the credit

^This

He is allowed to edit the code as long as the original coder credits are still there.
Find

(07-23-2015, 01:35 AM)TobiasX-kun Wrote:  
(07-23-2015, 01:33 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  lol i didn't know that was even a problem as long as he keeps the credit

^This

He is allowed to edit the code as long as the original coder credits are still there.

It's not a matter of me being allowed to do it(as I already have, because I had to fix A LOT of things wrong with the release of it). It's the fact that if I make any major changes, and the original dev updates some core stuff later on(assuming I keep it up to date), it could conflict with my changes. So I try to stay away from modifying w.i.p addons that I did not create.
Find

so make ur own lelel

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(07-23-2015, 03:31 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  so make ur own lelel

WASTE OF DEV TIME BRO
Find

Can't the majority of this be handled by talking to the two people? I get it would be more convenient to have the addons, but it seems pointless.

EDIT: I guess in hectic situations with a full server, I can see it being difficult to communicate..
Find