Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mr. Meeseeks - Unban Request

Steam Name (Current): Mr. Meeseeks

Steam Name (During incident): xXxHolocaust420xXx

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:88541030

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198137347789

Name of staff you were banned by: Zott and increased by Axe (I believe)

Length of the ban: 2 weeks (originally 1 week)

Would you like your ban shortened or repealed?: Shortened

Reason for ban: Racism

Did you commit the actions stated in the ban reason?: I do not believe that I was actually racist based on my actions.

What really happened?: I was messing around for a couple hours on the server, changing names, changing pictures, etc,. I then spoke in a light voice and said (partially paraphrased) "The next question I've received was "Why are you a n***** faggot"." I was then immediatly banned by Zott about right as he joined. I was then told that Axe has increased my ban time after I was banned.

Additional details: I do not believe that this is actually racism. It was a statement towards myself. It wasn't aimed at anyone except myself, and I do not understand why I was banned. It's simply ridiculous that many people have used this simple term but with an A and joke about it a lot, however when a hard R is used, people are upset about it. People can even joke about killing jews and such, or tell each other to kill themselves as a joke, or even talk about stalking people, but it isn't acted upon by the staff because they know it's a joke. However people are upset when "n****r" is used. People can even be offended due to the post-round music. Some of the artists are pretty controversial due to their lyrics like Hollywood Undead because of their genre and lyrics [SOURCE] but even they say how their lyrics aren't targetting the LGBT community or hating women and how they don't want to offend anyone and how it's just a misconception of what they're saying (I like them, so don't take me wrong), or can get offended to sexual songs like The Bad Touch song by Bloodhound Gang because it's referencing sex although it's highly popular (which I love too, just using these two as examples). Many people has experienced on the server these actions, veteran players on the server and even new players have experienced it here. It's not racism, I was using it in context as a simple joke, not aiming towards anyone on the server at all, and racism is simply a whole culture or race. I understood why I was banned at first, but not why it was extended.

Although my name during the incident seems like I'm being a hypocrite after speaking about all of this, I can understand. I've reminisced on the situation and understood that it was wrong. That's why I'm not asking to be fully unbanned, because I've done a lot of things before the incident that was wrong that I wasn't punished for, however many people on the server has done much worse, right?

EDIT: Proofread literally every single thing but messed up on the title. Fixed it.
Find

alright. banning Mr. Meeseeks right now. thanks for the report.

(12-23-2015, 12:43 AM)tobiasx Wrote:  alright. banning Mr. Meeseeks right now. thanks for the report.

oops. title messed up. you know what I mean
Find

There is a HUGE difference between 'nigga' and 'n***er'. The second one has never been used in a good way, but the first is primarily used as substitute for the word 'buddy', 'friend', 'pal', etc.
+/-0.
Find

"Steam Name (During incident): xXxHolocaust420xXx"

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

Actually I was told the statement you said was even worse than that one + your name didn't help your case. Also from the way I was told the comment seemed to be directed at the server.
Find

I like you Meeseeks, but come on man, you should have known better, saying it to yourself or not. Racism is not accepted on FRG.

I'm not sure you should get unbanned.
Find

You're generally a good player, but you have to understand the hard "r" is just a server rule, the tense with that doesn't matter at all. I'd rather you just apologize than try to justify its use and try to change the rule as a whole.
A lot of the people in the server slip up sometimes, and I usually give them a break if it was just something really suttle and they apologize after, so because of that, if you apologize and promise not to use that word again, I'll +1 your unban.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(12-23-2015, 02:29 AM)Terran Wrote:  "Steam Name (During incident): xXxHolocaust420xXx"

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

Yup, I know it was wrong. It was in the heat of the moment and I was just too distracted to realize the real morals.

(12-23-2015, 02:31 AM)Axe Wrote:  Actually I was told the statement you said was even worse than that one + your name didn't help your case.

Again, I know my name isn't helping, but what I said is about exactly what I said. Just some words are off. I'm not sure what you were told but I'm sure that I didn't say anything more than what I said.

EDIT: You changed your post, and again, I didn't mean to direct it towards anyone in the server or the server itself. Just myself, and I know it's still wrong.

(12-23-2015, 02:32 AM)McNuggie Wrote:  I like you Meeseeks, but come on man, you should have known better, saying it to yourself or not. Racism is not accepted on FRG.

I'm not sure you should get unbanned.
I know what I did was wrong, all I'm asking is for a shortening of it.

(12-23-2015, 02:34 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  You're generally a good player, but you have to understand the hard "r" is just a server rule, the tense with that doesn't matter at all. I'd rather you just apologize than try to justify its use and try to change the rule as a whole.
A lot of the people in the server slip up sometimes, and I usually give them a break if it was just something really suttle and they apologize after, so because of that, if you apologize and promise not to use that word again, I'll +1 your unban.
I understand what I did was wrong and how I shouldn't do it again. I'm sincerely apologizing even if it's as I'm just doing so to get unbanned. I understand that the staff is simply trying to exterminate these prejudices from the community so it can be fun for everyone.
Find

I think it should be reduced (back to a week) but not fully undone since saying it IS against the rules, regardless of context