Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tiers that only drop temporarily

(01-27-2016, 01:32 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(01-27-2016, 01:30 AM)Brassx Wrote:  
(01-27-2016, 01:27 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  the only issue i see with unique guns with unique models is the download.

I mean, over time, you can probably re-add those tiers/uniques, brassx, after like 2-3 months.

Yea I always hate adding custom models, simply because of the already long download list. The webserver is super fast though, and allows people to download pretty damn quickly.

I could just put everything in another workshop though, that people can sub to, and put all of the updated models in that. I don't know if that would really solve the issue though.

workshop downloads are REALLY short.

you should honestly get rid of fastdl and replace it with workshop downloads
Not really. The workshop addons added onto the server structure are annoying as balls. It verifies everytime you join, which in turn causes longer join time. The download speed is pretty much the same in my experiences. FastDL is just linking your server to a webserver directory to download files. FRG's webserver is pretty damn quick, and you don't have to worry about steam's status/traffic affecting the download rates.
Find

IMO these exclusive limited time teirs will do nothing. They will be just like godlikes to the point nobody wants to trade them or like phats where there are too many and people just give them away or sell them super cheap. Look at all the holiday events so far. Bone spirit = 40 coins. jolly guns with ice suffix = 100ish?

(01-27-2016, 02:48 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  IMO these exclusive limited time teirs will do nothing. They will be just like godlikes to the point nobody wants to trade them or like phats where there are too many and people just give them away or sell them super cheap. Look at all the holiday events so far. Bone spirit = 40 coins. jolly guns with ice suffix = 100ish?

Thats because there is many of those Jake you dont get the point a only After Round Drop tier and its only 5 of them this will be worth alot

(01-27-2016, 02:59 AM)CobaltIsAPimp Wrote:  
(01-27-2016, 02:48 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  IMO these exclusive limited time teirs will do nothing. They will be just like godlikes to the point nobody wants to trade them or like phats where there are too many and people just give them away or sell them super cheap. Look at all the holiday events so far. Bone spirit = 40 coins. jolly guns with ice suffix = 100ish?

Thats because there is many of those Jake you dont get the point a only After Round Drop tier and its only 5 of them this will be worth alot

Did you even bother to read the second sentence?
Find

(01-27-2016, 03:11 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  
(01-27-2016, 02:59 AM)CobaltIsAPimp Wrote:  

Did you even bother to read the second sentence?

Did you bother to read the main post see If only 5 of one Tier was ever dropped in the history of the server there wouldnt be "Plenty" If Brassx didnt Choose the same one Twice to have a chance at dropping
Find

That would only work if the chance to drop them came back every 4 months or so. (making it semi rare) As brass agreed with me, coding an entire new tier in the database for just 5 guns to drop is a waste of space.

Why not just make a series of crates (1-4) that each had is own unique/tier then had the crates rotate out each month. (therefore semi limited but reoccurring.)

Crate 1=jan/may/sept
Crate 2=feb/june/oct
Crate 3=mar/july/nov
Crate 4=apr/august/dec
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug

(01-27-2016, 04:39 AM)Eryehka Wrote:  That would only work if the chance to drop them came back every 4 months or so. (making it semi rare) As brass agreed with me, coding an entire new tier in the database for just 5 guns to drop is a waste of space.

Why not just make a series of crates (1-4) that each had is own unique/tier then had the crates rotate out each month. (therefore semi limited but reoccurring.)

Crate 1=jan/may/sept  
Crate 2=feb/june/oct  
Crate 3=mar/july/nov
Crate 4=apr/august/dec

The reason I didn't want it to be crates or anything other than after round drops is so it's ENTIRELY rng, rather than the richest people getting them.
Find

Assuming the crates are not RNG based either. As is, you cant stop a single thing from having the richest people buying them outright the instant they drop. Where is your logic. You just want getrichquick.exe to drop for you.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find