Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The nuggie Tobias situation.

This has been a rather tough situation to resolve. I have demoted nuggie to moderator for now, until it's resovled. It may be too harsh, and if you guys feel it's too harsh, I will accept that I was wrong and fix it/apologize. However, while I may not like the decision, it's something I feel is the correct thing to do as of now.

Nuggie and tobias have this beef between them that simply wont go away.

This started when Nuggie and Tobias were debating about politics and threw insults at each other.

I will post the complaints I received, In order, and the story as I understand it.

It started with this:
tobiasxz Wrote:For the past few days(5 or 6) nuggie has constantly been harassing me in game and on the forums.

This was from the shoutbox:

This is a PM:

And I have a recording of him harassing me in game for no reason, if you want it.

This is really starting to upset me, and I really want something done about it.

Thank you.

Which came to this:
tobiasxz Wrote:He is now spamming this in game to annoy me:

Aresuft told him to stop, but he continued to do it, and I can't tell him to stop since he has me blocked for telling him to stop.

The part about jake was a mistake, so ignore that, we worked it out.

This image was also glitched out in my other PM:

Aresuft just told me that he is now shit talking me in admin chat, and said i was a shit kid.

You can check the admin chat logs if you want.

Basically these things go on. I talked to nuggie already and it seemed resolved, I asked him to just leave him be and stop with any of the nonsense on the server.

I got wind of him being passive agressive in game

Shortly after, another complaint was received.

I replied:

Now sometime between these, we got wind of Nuggie being passive aggressive towards tobias. Nuggie even admitted that himself.

He only had Tobias and Aresuft on his blocked list, and in game would make statements about his blocked list('I hope people on my blocked list doesn't win, etc) Basically, people heard him being passive aggressive. Jake and AXE apparently both asked him to stop(as well as aresuft).

So I told Tobias AND nuggie, I'm done with it. They need to both knock it off, and the next person who starts anything is going to get demoted or banned. They both agreed to that.

Now, the other day I get this:
Some of these videos are pretty silly to be honest. So I didn't really know what to think exactly, however, today Nuggie joined teamspeak, said : steamsalty: ? To tobias (only those two were in the Welcome channel), then left. That was the last straw for me. Little 'button pokes', instigating things, when I personally asked him to stop twice. It's not something super serious, but it's not something we want our admins doing. It seems very immature, and I imagine some of you will agree with that. It's completely pointless for him to do these things, when he knows tobias has an issue with him.

Now I forgot to mention I DID try and get them two to work it out in Teamspeak between themselves. It did not work, tobias got angry and left because of a minor comment. That was a bit of an overreaction tobias, but what ever.

Now I ask, are these actions something we want an Admin, the highest rank one can pretty much be on the server, doing? Is it not immature? Was a demote too harsh?

This is in no way one sided either, Tobias definitely has some to blame, but that's another discussion.
Find

See being a middle man is not very fun. I say that because I'm a friend of both, but things were getting out of hand. They were both being childish yes. Unfortunately, Nuggie took it too far. The thing he's said can easily show it was him trying to instigate things. Both are at fault but I believe the punishment for this is reasonable.

its really stupid to go after someone because of their politics. i mean, what the fuck? y'all need to stop with this stereotyping bs. this is one of the things that you dont talk about over the internet. politics and Religion, you dont talk about them because it causes this. I think we should add a rule stopping these type of discussions from happening in the first place. causes too much trouble

Find

I believe people have the right to dislike eachother so long as it isn't made public on the server. Little comments made by Nuggie to Tobias, such as "Confusedteamsalty:" and "get rekt" seem very minor, and seem like something that wouldn't even be thought of if, say, a friend of his had said it instead, or anyone but Nuggie.
There are definitely been times where things have been taken offensively that shouldn't have (i.e that forum in shitposting where nuggie kept saying "-1" or something on an irrelevant topic where Tobias somehow took offense to it?), so that needs to stop.

I think a huge course of action that needs to be taken is all political, religious, or controversial topics should not be allowed for discussion on the shoutbox, or at least you're not allowed to judge someone critically for their belief.

I can't watch the videos because youtube is crap for me, but that's my general opinion of it. Most people have someone who harasses them, it's the internet, thats how things go. As for a top rank though, I don't know, if it was made public (like putting it in the shoutbox or something where it can't be blocked), maybe it should have punishment.

Instead of full-out demotion, perhaps temporary suspension would be a better punishment as well as enforcing the rule stated above?

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Hello everyone!

I encourage you all to be free thinking individuals, you’re all of age to make your own decisions. DO NOT be rash.

Nuggie thinks that he is better than people. The amount of disrespect he gave to both me and Brass was cringeworthy. He does not act like someone of his rank or even someone of his age.

About 2-3 weeks ago I was informed that Tobias was being harassed on the server, Nuggie had gotten onto the server and started bringing up issues that had occurred on the forums. Tobias stated “this is why i dislike FRG, once people like jake and nuggie leave, it actually becomes enjoyable.” And to my understanding, Jake talked to tobias about it and everything is fine between them. However, Nuggie would not let this go. He bound it to a key and spammed it 3-4 times PER ROUND. I asked once in admin chat to please stop, he said he would. After 5 minutes of being off the server I got another report of him continuing. And said the following:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck4u5w9x06ko2u7/20160319143830_1.jpg?dl=0

He thinks he’s better than Tobias just because he stated that in defense. I don’t care what rank you are but you should NEVER say this as a staff member. “He’s tobias, who cares?” Like come the fuck on. And after this I told him a THIRD TIME in voice chat. He then responded to me as if he was a king and I was a peasant. His sarcastic and immature messages made me cringe. He has no regard or respect for anyone “lower” than him. He also stated that he doesn't care if he’s starting drama. “He started it” was his logic.

He then continued to start drama not even after an hour which Brass talked to him. Brass told him and Tobias that if he started anything else he would get ban or demoted. ONE HOUR later he continued to the point where even Jake and several others told him to stop. I stopped paying attention to the drama but apparently it continued and now punishments have been dished out.

This is a goddamn gaming server

Also, apparently sticking up for members makes you unbearable

Find

I'm sorry Tobias, and everyone else who i've upset. My sarcastic personality causes me to say things that while I don't feel that they would hurt anyone, they end up doing exactly that, and I am really sorry. I never wanted to hurt anyone.

Anyone who has been with me since I joined NTG knows that my only goal EVER has to be to help FRG. I realize I have made mistakes, but I disagree when Aresuft says that I think I am better than people, and I have extreme respect for most of the players below me. I've always been told that people on FRG want me here, and that I have done better than a lot of the other staff, and I guess that is just a false perception and the truth is that I am apparently not worthy of admin.

I honestly want / wanted nothing more than to help FRG and Brass to my best extent, and I did that for two whole years. The fact that I am being laid off like this after all this time and all the work that I believe I've put into the server is honestly crushing me right now, and I am seriously sorry.

Don't expect to see me anymore.

the !block command is very helpful when people are annoying you tobias

This whole thing is literally the most autistic thing I have seen on FRG. Jesus. Are we all children here?

(04-01-2016, 12:55 AM)Daniel (no sound) Wrote:  Don't expect to see me anymore.

thats not the right conclusion man

- That Thrakos Noob

(04-01-2016, 01:03 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  
(04-01-2016, 12:55 AM)Daniel (no sound) Wrote:  Don't expect to see me anymore.

thats not the right conclusion man

i think it's been made clear that it's best for the server.