Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Deathbringer
It's strong enough as it is.
It needs a bit of a buff.
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deathbringer.

Keep in mind the big circle crosshair was implemented when the deathbringer had a chance to insta-kill, but it's most likely here to stay.

It has a different base weapon than a normal sniper rifle. It has different stats. It also has the melee mode(which can headshot, and is the only melee than can activate its proc from a distance(yes all you need to do is aim at the target from a distance)). It has its own downsides to using it over other snipers, not every godlike is supposed to be a 100% practical all of the time 2gud5you weapon. The deathbringer is supposed to be mainly used while scoping in rifle mode(IMO I always thought it was a bit lame for any rifle to be easily used without the scope). It's actually more accurate than any other sniper in the game while scoped, not like that matters much though.

There's misconception that all godlikes are always supposed to be superior in every single way, when in fact this is not true for all of them. Some godlikes are supposed to be unique, and bring a sort of different play-style than traditional weapons.

Anyways: It was indeed a bug that was resetting the accuracy while not scoped. It should be fixed now. I also made it more common for the melee to proc at distance, since no one seemed to know it even did that and someone even suggested it here. (I forgot to mention it I guess? I thought I said something in the shoutbox about it ages ago)
Find

If you dont mind me asking, what is the chance for the melee to proc at a distance? (Assuming i have to aim and swing at them from a distance, i spent 3 minutes of a game swinging at an AFK as a t, and nothing happened)
When a dragon round begins.

Find

damnit guys stop it with the deathbringer you people are never satisfied
"NERF IT NERF IT NERF IT NERF IT THIS GUN IS CANCER wait no now i have it buff that shit back up"

- That Thrakos Noob

(07-18-2016, 02:56 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  damnit guys stop it with the deathbringer you people are never satisfied
"NERF IT NERF IT NERF IT NERF IT THIS GUN IS CANCER wait no now i have it butf that shit back up"

I mean
even brassx said that that accuracy thing was bugged, so...
:^)

Find

Update:

Since you fixed the accuracy, the Deathball hasn't proc'd once. Im not sure if this is because of just RNG, But i put 31 bullets into Default's foot, and a deathball never proc'd. I also tried the melee, and that still never proc'd a deathball.

Find

Fixed. Not sure why but the upload failed halfway through it, causing the file to become corrupt.
Find

(This is just a little bit of a visual bug, not something that really bugs me, but you might want to know)
When using the Deathbringer, if it's in melee form and you switch weapons, itll stay in melee form when you use it again visually, but have every trait of the rifle form. (scoping, shooting, etc)

(thanks brassx)

Find

Recently, I've noticed that sometimes the death ball from the deathbringer does no damage to people it hits.
It usually occurs to people with the Hylian Shield, and when they block it wont affect them, but sometimes someone's just running, has it hit their head, and no damage is dealt.

(And, just to make sure, the deathbringer isnt supposed to 1-shot headshot people with armor, correct?)

Find

If I can block the cancerbringer ball with a hylian shield, I know what I'm using!!!!

That'd be a really cool bonus to the shield! Nice suggestion, Fancy!
Find

(07-20-2016, 07:13 PM)Terran Wrote:  If I can block the cancerbringer ball with a hylian shield, I know what I'm using!!!!

That'd be a really cool bonus to the shield! Nice suggestion, Fancy!

Yes.
If it's supposed to be like that, then all means, make it a thing. That's pretty cool.
But having people live from deathballs by running around is no fun. :<

Find