It's strong enough as it is.
It needs a bit of a buff.
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deathbringer.

Bump?
When a dragon round begins.

Find

This is true there is a chance when you get shot by the DB and it procs and you crouch jump at a certain moment the death orb will not hit the head i feel like its first trait was better since its the same thing as this trait but just better since once the bullet hits the target they have the chance of being killed instantly and this new perk/trait can be avoided with a crouch jump because everyone knows crouch jumping breaks everything
Find

Once again, someone without crouch jumping now doesnt get affected by the deathorb.
It seems that people with body armor sometimes just take no damage from the deathorb, whether they're crouch jumping or not. Not sure why.

Find

Alright fancy, we get it.

Update:
Just to put everything i think i've seen into one post;

If the deathorb is aiming for your head and/or you're at 85 or less hp (so the orb will kill you), it does this animation where the orb encloses on your head and then pops. Once it goes through this animation, if you crouch+jump and have the orb deal damage as you fall from the crouch jump while moving in any direction, it will deal no damage. It also seems that people with body armor turn, crouch, or do any sudden movement while this animation is happening will take no damage (body armor might have nothing to do with it, however. it just seems more commong against people with it).

After much more testing to try and redo the situation, I have yet been able to narrow anything down to a specific thing.
I've tried being stuck in a downward motion while and while not crouched and dying to the ball, same with upward motions. All i know is that it happens from the certain animation, and it happens during a jump/crouch jump while moving in a direction.

tl;dr, the deathorb's head enclosure animation paired with sudden movements such as crouch jumping seem to cause damage to be negated.

(Lots of thanks to Zott, Sirpezman, minehuis, creeperhugger, and leo for all the help.)

Find

(07-24-2016, 09:33 PM)Fancy Typhlosion Wrote:  Update:
Just to put everything i think i've seen into one post;

If the deathorb is aiming for your head and/or you're at 85 or less hp (so the orb will kill you), it does this animation where the orb encloses on your head and then pops. Once it goes through this animation, if you crouch+jump and have the orb deal damage as you fall from the crouch jump while moving in any direction, it will deal no damage. It also seems that people with body armor turn, crouch, or do any sudden movement while this animation is happening will take no damage (body armor might have nothing to do with it, however. it just seems more commong against people with it).

After much more testing to try and redo the situation, I have yet been able to narrow anything down to a specific thing.
I've tried being stuck in a downward motion while and while not crouched and dying to the ball, same with upward motions. All i know is that it happens from the certain animation, and it happens during a jump/crouch jump while moving in a direction.

tl;dr, the deathorb's head enclosure animation paired with sudden movements such as crouch jumping seem to cause damage to be negated.

(Lots of thanks to Zott, Sirpezman, minehuis, creeperhugger, and leo for all the help.)

I have had this happen before, the death orb sometimes does not apply dmg and this has led to me getting killed lots of times due to it not damaging, even though you see the animation happend. I hope that this could be fixed and so that it damages 100% of the time
Im a weeb since I play Osu! aparrently, Enchantable's fault

Find

I applied a possible fix. Not sure if it will work just yet, be sure to try it and let me know if there's any bugs, or if the problem still happens.
Find

(07-24-2016, 09:56 PM)Brassx Wrote:  I applied a possible fix. Not sure if it will work just yet, be sure to try it and let me know if there's any bugs, or if the problem still happens.

I tested with CreeperHugger over a few maps, and the bug is still happening. However, this time i got video of both types of the glitch - one where the deathball does just a bit of damage, and one where it deals no damage.

(unless you just applied the update....
in which the server is kinda doing some weird stuff)

The DB ball is still evadable. It seems the easiest way to duplicate this glitch is by spamming jump.

Not sure if the map change fixed something, but since we got set back to Kakariko Village, we could dodge the ball during on the first round, but since then we've done about 6 tries per round and have yet been able to redo the glitch.

Well, we were finally able to get splashy to take reduced damage doing the same thing of just jumping in place. Ill keep editing this post if anything else happens.

An actual update now
It seems standing in place and having the orb hit you will seemingly always proc, but moving and jumping constantly has now six* times in a row done 0 damage to someone.

Find

It's very strange. Jumping or moving should have 0 effect on the damage because the ball itself doesn't actually use the players hitboxes, or collision bounds to determine when it hits. It simply checks the distance between itself and the player and if it is less than or equal to the balls radius, it damages the player. Doesn't rely on their hitboxes or anything.

Now, if it detects the player will die from being hit by it when it reaches the player, it will do the 'headshot' effect and play the animation on their head, exploded it. Is that where the bug occurs?

So it just plays the animation, and damages the player right before the animation finishes regardless of where they are when it finishes.

So this bug is very strange indeed.. I'll need to catch this happening myself, I have been unable to replicate it with bots on my test server.
Find

I can get a video of me watching someone do it if that would help at all, but it is (to my knowledge) what seems to be 100% the headshot animation that causes the bug.
Whenever the deathball hits someone it wont kill, The ball just disappears into their body and seemingly never fails to deal damage.
However, i will be working on getting a clean video of me watching someone take 0 damage from a deathball (I have one of me taking no damage, but you cant see my model since its first-person, so i doubt itll be of much use)

Find