Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

This needs to be made clear - NO THIRD PARTY TRADING!

(similar to my post on a complaint over 3 months ago)
http://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=3753&page=3&highlight=outside+trading

I would not say it's ok, or advisable to offer USD, or anything outside of FRG for FRG items.

The old rule was:
Quote:NO THIRD PARTY TRADING! Trading items from our servers for IRL money or items outside the server is NOT supported in any way, shape or form. Anything that happens in 3rd party trades is 100% on you, and we are not liable for any losses that may happen from it.

However, we can not have anyone that represents FRG saying it's ok to do third party trades, there's complicated reasons behind it, but I'll list the main reasoning why I won't state I support it:

•It's unfair to other players who use in game items to make trades.
People can spend A LOT of time trying to work their way up to get an item they really want.
Taking shortcuts with outside sources is pretty unfair, and does not support the server, or the future of the server in any way.
Without your donations, FRG wouldn't stay alive as long. I would not be able to spend HOURS and HOURS of my life working on updates without the generous donations FRG receives. I know the perks aren't 'amazing'. But they are as fair as we can get without going full 'pay2win', but still having nice incentives to donate.

•Using real money is essentially the 'pay2win' module that you guys seem to hate so much, and like to complain so much about.
I don't know how you guys complain about donators spending money for the CHANCE to get something, when people can just spend money to buy what they want directly from another player. How do you guys see this as ok, and something that's fair?

With that logic, it should be fine and dandy for me to sell the items directly on the Donator store, as I definitely worked my butt off on a lot of them, correct? Nope. I would NEVER do something like that here on FRG.

So FRG's stances on third party trading is: DO NOT DO IT. YOU CAN, AND LIKELY WILL GET SCAMMED! It's unfair to other players(aside from the two involved, obviously). It's unfair to the server as a whole, and absolutely gives less incentive to donate to, and support FRG.

This is considered a fairly big offense for most, and Anyone promoting or using 3rd party trading will be punished by me directly.

If any staff or member of the server has been found to do OR attempt any third party trades post April 3rd 2016 they may be demoted, banned, Inventory wiped, trade banned, drop banned, or all of the above at my own discretion(meaning I choose exactly what I will do).

New rule wording:
Quote:NO THIRD PARTY TRADING! Trading items from our servers for IRL money or items outside the server is NOT supported OR allowed in any way, shape or form. Anything that happens in 3rd party trades is 100% on you, and we are not liable for any losses that may happen from it. Anyone caught promoting or doing 3rd party trading may be susceptible to punishments, at Brassx's Discretion.

This sucks. I was paying my bills and utility hookups with FRG items. Oh well, I'll just whore myself on the streets.

Also, I sold a Railgun to Suns for (nothing actually). He hasn't paid me, its been months and I forgot about it, but feel free to demote/ban us for that. I was going to get $40, this was before a million railguns dropped lol.

(07-28-2016, 03:11 AM)Brassx Wrote:  If any staff or member of the server has been found to do OR attempt any third party trades post April 3rd 2015 they may be demoted, banned, Inventory wiped, trade banned, drop banned, or all of the above at my own discretion(meaning I choose exactly what I will do)

I'm just wondering about this wouldn't it be past today? In the past people asked and never recieved a no, so shouldn't it be post today not from April?

(07-28-2016, 03:17 AM)Axe Wrote:  
(07-28-2016, 03:11 AM)Brassx Wrote:  If any staff or member of the server has been found to do OR attempt any third party trades post April 3rd 2015 they may be demoted, banned, Inventory wiped, trade banned, drop banned, or all of the above at my own discretion(meaning I choose exactly what I will do)

I'm just wondering about this wouldn't it be past today? In the past people asked and never recieved a no, so shouldn't it be post today not from April?

This was mostly posted on April 3rd, and a fairly large chunk of people saw it (including staff members/admins) so it should've been spread around.
Find

The rule was unclear so I don't think any punishment should be given. From now on would be more reasonable now that the rule is 100% cleared up.

I guess I better own up to it, even though everyone already knows this.

Around Easter* time, I bought a Tartarus, a railgun, and last prayer for money, because I was under the impression that it was allowed.

I understand that I made a mistake, and I should own up to it.

I accept any punishment I may receive, and im sorry for doing it in the first place.

Also, do you mean april 2016, or 2015?

Because the complaint was made in april of 2016.
Find

Well this kinda sucks.

I should note, if you have done or tried to do outside trading post April 2016. You should definitely report it to me you will most likely be let off with a warning, however, if I find out you have done it and have not reported to me, you may be punished.
Find

I sold revs a railgun or ascultone I dont really remember. He gave me about 15k coins and a purple csgo skin and I said dont worry about finishing it off. If that is considered third party, there's my tiny mistake
Find

(07-28-2016, 03:43 AM)Brassx Wrote:  I should note, if you have done or tried to do outside trading post April 2016. You should definitely report it to me you will most likely be let off with a warning, however, if I find out you have done it and have not reported to me, you may be punished.

ive done it i just gave away items (skins from csgo because i dont like that game 2 much now) for an item or 2 but yeah this was a while ago but i dont think it should be post april 2016. I think it should be for now ON its punishable because i thought it was that u can do it its just not supported and if anythings to go wrong thats no ones but ur own fault.

But anyways thats just my opinion.
(Probs would donate but i cant because well... u kno *sigh*)
Find