Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Map Making ideas?

hey, so a little while ago i started fucking around with hammer trying to recreate a map from rainbow six: siege for my friends and i to piss around on, and while doing this i realized it was pretty fun, overall
so, i'm thinking about making a ttt map, and i would like some ideas or inspiration
should be something open, closed in, a house, a spaceship, or what?
post your ideas down below

tl;dr - i might make a ttt map, post ideas below
[Video: Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. [amoff]URL[/amoff]]
Find

Ok here's an idea. Imagine a map that can self destruct and cause a traitor victory if an objective is finished.

It will take place between two towers, connected by a bridge for convenience. The traitors need to plant targets around the towers. After all the targets are set, two airplanes come and crash into each one.
Find

(08-28-2016, 10:21 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  Ok here's an idea. Imagine a map that can self destruct and cause a traitor victory if an objective is finished.

It will take place between two towers, connected by a bridge for convenience. The traitors need to plant targets around the towers. After all the targets are set, two airplanes come and crash into each one.

Maybe make it a little, non 911 like.
Find

(08-28-2016, 10:28 PM)SeveN | Grudge | 2nd Wrote:  
(08-28-2016, 10:21 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  Ok here's an idea. Imagine a map that can self destruct and cause a traitor victory if an objective is finished.

CENSORSHIP???????!!!!
Find

(08-28-2016, 10:31 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  
(08-28-2016, 10:28 PM)SeveN | Grudge | 2nd Wrote:  

CENSORSHIP???????!!!!

Try to make it non *** like. Sorry.
Find

A map that's a giant, enclosed cube. Its a maze of tight hallways, ladders up and holes down. There are a few special rooms for ammunition and stuff, but hthe lower half of the map is very dark and flooded, while the upper half is bright and shiny. Maybe some Traitor traps could spawn a few zombies on the lower half to wander around, or panels on the upper that send you down a few levels.

I'll pay you 10,000 in-game coins if you make this and its good.

Also, it has to be maze-like and quite confusing. E.G everything looks the same.

This is my dream map.
\/ Below is a shitty example of what I mean. (Just in a 3D cube, obviously, not flat.) (Made in MSPaint after 500 years.)
Find

i actually think terran has a good map idea, instead of just removing them all, maybe add in secret easter eggs from different things? and maybe make the bottom so dark u can only see with flash light on, so its like a horror zone, i think it would be cool to make a horror ttt map, but sadly the only thing close to horror on gmod is jump scares
Find

I like Terran's idea too. A maze has to have traps though. Either triggered from location or from traitors.
Find