Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dev blog #1 (March 2017)

Quote:Couple questions.

1. Will the loot we get from Realms be usable in TTT?
2. As in rpg style, does that mean we can level specific skills or choose a class? Like a {Barbarian} class deals insane amounts of melee damage, being on par with the dps of guns? If so, I think that would be awesome.
3. Will you buff the snowglobe?
1. Yes. Everything will be linked, however, things may be balanced differently on the Realms server!

2. That is very possible, but things like that will come later on based on the feedback of the 'proof of concept' beta. If people would like a whole different 'level' stat just on that server, with skills and stuff to level up, I'd definitely be okay with that!

3. Yes. Apologies for how long it's taking, but I haven't quite found an idea that I really like for it.

Quote:will there be pvp in realms?
There is not PVP planned for launch at this time. It may come later on if players want it, but the general idea was to get away from PVP so the community can take a break from trying to be 'the best' and just relax and kill some mobs.

Quote:Since you mentioned there will be a beta, do forerunners get access to the beta or do we need to apply the same as normal people would.

There will be two betas. One private, semi-small scale tests.The private will be mainly to make sure everything works fine, get basic feedback, etc.

The public will come soon after, and will be where most of the changes will come from I assume.

Now to answer your question, I'd like to have everyone apply for the private beta, just so I can freely control the flow of information and who exactly the info is coming from. The private beta wont last very long though, and the only requirement will be 50 hours+ playtime.
Find

O-O FRG Realm seems pretty cool.
Find

Well, since this will have a part in the TTT side of FRG, will people be able to play your other game-mode separately? I'd find it more interesting if it was a fresh slate, personally.
Find

(03-04-2017, 10:19 PM)Terran Wrote:  Well, since this will have a part in the TTT side of FRG, will people be able to play your other game-mode separately? I'd find it more interesting if it was a fresh slate, personally.

Yeah. You can play either one you want. The Inventories are linked, but you are not required to play one or the either to progress. Although some will have things only obtainable on them (like the unique TTT post-rounds, just like that there will be unique loot in Realm). I plan to have a separate time tracker for Realms so I can track how much playtime people have specifically on that gamemode.

The current plan is to have it as an alternative method to progress through FRG, if TTT isn't quite your thing. Everyone is welcome to play both though! There will be no level requirement for Realm, and level 1's can jump in and start playing right away with starter weapons, hunting down better loot and leveling up as they go. (Also will be locational voice/text chat aside for people in a party. Possibly will have some global 'chat' commands though)

Current players will be able to jump in and play with their current loadouts, and Inventory and what not. I've heard a lot of people wanting a restart on here, but I'm not too sure on having that. I'd like if everything were linked, but certain weapons could be changed on Realms, and re-balanced. Some enemies will also be weak to certain weapon types, and have other weapons somewhat ineffective against them.

I could 'emulate' a fresh slate if I make a 'combat level' style stat and have some of the good weapons have a level requirement to use, but at this point it's too early to say what would be most liked.

EDIT:

Just in case I misunderstood, are you asking if people would be allowed to have an Inventory wipe, just on realms basically?

Well, the first part of your reply answered my questions, but I was hoping that it wouldn't be using the weapons/items we have in the TTT system. It seems kinda boring there, even if you already have a good system in place. I'd be more interested in something from the grounds up, but that's just me. No real argument or preference either way, it'd just get silly to see everybody running around with their godlikes and broken shotguns again.
Find

im excited to play this foreskin thing!

I have one question

Can you disguise as the det with the Disguise ID?
Find

(03-06-2017, 04:20 PM)HeavyGabriel Wrote:  I have one question

Why wouldnt you be able to?
Find

That's a good point. You aren't supposed to shoot the detective. It would probably be better if you couldn't disguise as the D.
Find

(03-06-2017, 09:29 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  

That's a good point. You aren't supposed to shoot the detective. It would probably be better if you couldn't disguise as the D.

You can't. I looked at the desc. of the ID disguiser and it says only innocent bodies.
Find