Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

realy bad bug with chatbox

so for me, the chatbox and the console/main menu dont open specifically on this server. i have no clue why but its almost impossible to do much as a traitor or innocent cause you cant see the chat or open the main menu to even leave the server.
not sure if you can fix this but it'd make things easier. it basically just looks normal but without the chatbox, thats why no screenshot.
thx
(9 + 10) - catbugs age = 14
Find

It still has to be on your side, if it was server side, we'd be having this problem too.

My easy solution would be to go into your garrysmod/garrysmod folder and delete the downloads folder.

Or just reinstall gmod.

If you played gmod on another server that has a custom chat hud that rewrite the gui itself, you cant use chat. Restart gmod to see if the error persists.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

ive restarted, reinstalled, verified cache ect. i think its somthing with the chat addon that the server uses :/ but ill see if i can find anything
Find

Check the console for any kind of script errors as soon as you join, something may be happening to stop the chatbox from running. Other times I've seen this though it seems to be something on the users end as well. Very odd.

its the coinshop -_-
Find

(05-11-2017, 02:42 AM)Captain PineappleSparrow Wrote:  its the coinshop -_-

I doubt it. Are you sure there aren't any other errors besides the coinshop one?

Copy and paste the error(s) you're getting.
Find

its just the coinshop thats causing errors :/ not sure wut to do now
Find

(05-12-2017, 02:51 AM)Captain PineappleSparrow Wrote:  its just the coinshop thats causing errors :/ not sure wut to do now

Post the error so brassx can fix it
Find

I believe the error is just an experimental system I uploaded by accident. The error does nothing to affect any gameplay, or anything else negatively. It just checks for steamID too early (to make sure the steamID is mine to give access to a little coinshop menu for customizing weapons, system I was playing around with).

I'm still looking into the chatbox issue, really not many traces of this. It used to happen an old player fairly often but randomly fixed itself.
Find