Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rule discussion

personally i dont think people should get slayn for like a genuine mistake, like if they didnt see a person call out them having a knife and genuinely think they were a t or something
Find

(07-14-2017, 05:27 PM)Denneh Wrote:  personally i dont think people should get slayn for like a genuine mistake, like if they didnt see a person call out them having a knife and genuinely think they were a t or something

While I agree, I feel like that's just wishful thinking as it's not that simple. A lot of that falls onto the person being slain and the person handling the report.

Most of the time when I'm RDMed I just let it slide if it's a genuine mistake but you can't expect everyone to do that. As a staff member you will get called biased in favor of whoever you did or didn't slay, genuine mistake or not.

I do think everyone needs to chill out and enjoy the game more but some people just get too wound up over it.
Find

As for running around with t-weapons out, is it all good to do as long as you call it out in chat?
Does that apply to running up to people with hazardous weapons such as the secret knife?

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Quote:1) Is holding out a knife T baiting even if you call it out in chat?
2) Are only detectives allowed to ask people to put bodies down, or can anybody?(if they have DNA on them, and they are not trying to dispose of it)?
3) If someone kills another person for entering their claim, are you allowed to kill that person?
4) Do you have to give 3 warnings for door spamming, or can you only give one?
5) This one applies to what the answer to 4 is, is spamming an elevator up and down(Like the one on digdown) considered door spamming or something else, and can you be killed for it?

1. Yes, most of the time. There's no reason to hold it out as an innocent. If we didn't consider it T baiting, a T could just call out that they have one. It creates unnecessary confusion to allow people to do that. However, I would say if the person is 100% proven innocent by a detective(or by being a detective) or some other means to be 100% proven, it should be fine. If they were to get RDM'd for it though, I would say it would be up to the staff on at the time to determine if a slay is needed. If the person was legitimately spooked by it(and I was convinced so), I wouldn't slay.

2. Eh. I really hate the little thing you guys do now where you run around with fresh killed bodies with your magneto. It kinda breaks the flow of the game, and in a way you help traitors if it's a legit T kill. I would say everyone should be able to do this though. Think about it, someone could be covering up their murder, and if only dets could make them stop, they could just get away with it and there's nothing you as an innocent could do. Kind of dumb.

3. No, that is a rightful kill on their part.

4. 3 warnings.

5. Perhaps we should make a new rule just for situations like that. Spamming any kind of button, door, or 'USE" function that disrupts gameplay or passage to another part of the map should not be allowed.

Some logic is already allowed, but it's very hard to look into logs for certain logical decisions a person claims to make based on what they saw. They can simply lie about it being logic making it pretty hard to look into.

That's one of the biggest downsides of allowing pure logic, that and a lot of people have some pretty flawed logic. Some people could get away with RDM fairly easily.

I think we need to set a general definition for what kind of logic should be allowed. But this is a tough thing to define as there's so many situational variables and things that can be considered 'logical' based on that specific situation.

Quote:While I agree, I feel like that's just wishful thinking as it's not that simple. A lot of that falls onto the person being slain and the person handling the report.

Most of the time when I'm RDMed I just let it slide if it's a genuine mistake but you can't expect everyone to do that. As a staff member you will get called biased in favor of whoever you did or didn't slay, genuine mistake or not.

I do think everyone needs to chill out and enjoy the game more but some people just get too wound up over it.
Getting called bias shouldn't change anything. As a staff member you have nothing to prove, if you feel someone doesn't need to be slain for a legitimate mistake they made, 100% don't do it. If the other person throws a fit, who cares. They are just being immature. Tell them to take it a PM or the forums.

I would never slay someone who made a simple mistake, and didn't act like an asshole for doing it. it's UP TO YOU AS A STAFF MEMBER if a reported player is not slain, not the person reporting them.

In the end, slaying isn't really effective anymore. It's almost more-so just to satisfy the victim now days, and doesn't really affect the person slain all that much (as they are most likely going to be an innocent anyways).

Can you claim a two entrance room?

Apparently, it's one of those "unwritten rules", but I've only heard of it until recently.

I.E:

Find

(07-16-2017, 06:05 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  Can you claim a two entrance room?

Apparently, it's one of those "unwritten rules", but I've only heard of it until recently.

I.E:

Whoever said you cannot claim a 2 entrance room is literally making up rules. I have never heard that EVER. You can claim any room as long as it is not an essential part of the map like a hallway or something that blocks off getting to another half of the map or something.
Find

(07-16-2017, 06:14 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  
(07-16-2017, 06:05 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  Can you claim a two entrance room?

Whoever said you cannot claim a 2 entrance room is literally making up rules. I have never heard that EVER. You can claim any room as long as it is not an essential part of the map like a hallway or something that blocks off getting to another half of the map or something.

Yeah, I thought that as well. This was the first time I've ever heard that you can only claim a one entrance room, so I thought maybe I missed some rule change. Thanks for the clarification.
Find

What about quickswitching? Before someone says "But it's fixed so stop!" , it isn't completely. You can still do it and not use ammo until you hit someone, this works with rifles and gives a complete unfair advantage but some people still do it and use the "Brass hasn't said a word about it" excuse.
Find

(07-17-2017, 02:40 AM)NotChosen Wrote:  What about quickswitching? Before someone says "But it's fixed so stop!" , it isn't completely. You can still do it and not use ammo until you hit someone, this works with rifles and gives a complete unfair advantage but some people still do it and use the "Brass hasn't said a word about it" excuse.

I mean does it really matter though. For this incredibly marginal benefit you basically reduce your fire rate by 60%. This is one of those bugs that give you so little benefit you really shouldn't care or complain about it.

Edit: Since two people marked this as dumb. Why in hell would you half your firerate instead of just spending 2 seconds to reload every 7-14 bullets with a rifle.

(07-17-2017, 03:38 AM)Tarrasque Wrote:  
(07-17-2017, 02:40 AM)NotChosen Wrote:  What about quickswitching? Before someone says "But it's fixed so stop!" , it isn't completely. You can still do it and not use ammo until you hit someone, this works with rifles and gives a complete unfair advantage but some people still do it and use the "Brass hasn't said a word about it" excuse.

I mean does it really matter though. For this incredibly marginal benefit you basically reduce your fire rate by 60%. This is one of those bugs that give you so little benefit you really shouldn't care or complain about it.

Edit: Since two people marked this as dumb. Why in hell would you half your firerate instead of just spending 2 seconds to reload every 7-14 bullets with a rifle.

Its the part where it doesnt make noise thats mostly the issue
Find