Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rule discussion

Lets bring up the racism discussion again. We talked about it awhile ago to make it so NO HARD R's are allowed. However, do you guys think this needs to be changed now? I don't want to be too strict, but there's definitely a fine line there.
Find

(07-22-2017, 12:25 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(07-22-2017, 12:17 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Lets bring up the racism discussion again. We talked about it awhile ago to make it so NO HARD R's are allowed. However, do you guys think this needs to be changed now? I don't want to be too strict, but there's definitely a fine line there.

Like I said earlier in this thread( Here: http://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5794&pid=54496#pid54496 ), either both of the N words should be allowed, or neither of them.

If we allowed use of the N word, I feel like people wouldn't say it as often as you may think. Think about it, we allowed people to say "nigga", but how often do people actually say it? When people aren't allowed to say a word, they want to say it more, and then when they are allowed to, they loose interest. Yeah, the first few days we allowed the word people are gonna say it quite often, but it will die down fast.

But I'm ok with either both of them being ok, or neither of them.

The reason one is allowed and one is not is because there are people that generally talk like that. They will be like "yo nigga that was a good shot." or something similar to that. Do you see how that has no ill intent whatsoever? When we don't allow nigga to be said people on gmod tend to get "rule happy" "omg he said a word that is against the rules that's a ban." The hard R word is never used without ill intent. People who try to use nigga in place of the hard R for ill intent is still against the rules.

All this being said, I def don't think they should both be allowed. Playing battlegrounds on NA servers makes me cringe so hard in the loading lobby. I think I have been in 2-3 lobbies in my 100+ hoursp laytime where nobody said the N word. It's so toxic.

(07-22-2017, 12:17 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Lets bring up the racism discussion again. We talked about it awhile ago to make it so NO HARD R's are allowed. However, do you guys think this needs to be changed now? I don't want to be too strict, but there's definitely a fine line there.

I mean it'd be fine if the word wasn't banned and it'd also be fine if both of them were banned.
Find

(07-22-2017, 12:39 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  
(07-22-2017, 12:25 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  

Like I said earlier in this thread( Here: http://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5794&pid=54496#pid54496 ), either both of the N words should be allowed, or neither of them.

If we allowed use of the N word, I feel like people wouldn't say it as often as you may think. Think about it, we allowed people to say "nigga", but how often do people actually say it? When people aren't allowed to say a word, they want to say it more, and then when they are allowed to, they loose interest. Yeah, the first few days we allowed the word people are gonna say it quite often, but it will die down fast.

But I'm ok with either both of them being ok, or neither of them.

The reason one is allowed and one is not is because there are people that generally talk like that. They will be like "yo nigga that was a good shot." or something similar to that. Do you see how that has no ill intent whatsoever? When we don't allow nigga to be said people on gmod tend to get "rule happy" "omg he said a word that is against the rules that's a ban." The hard R word is never used without ill intent. People who try to use nigga in place of the hard R for ill intent is still against the rules.

All this being said, I def don't think they should both be allowed. Playing battlegrounds on NA servers makes me cringe so hard in the loading lobby. I think I have been in 2-3 lobbies in my 100+ hoursp laytime where nobody said the N word. It's so toxic.

Well, I forgot to mention that if it's being used in a hurtful or mean way toward another player, then it would be punishable.

But getting banned for just saying the N word seems a bit harsh, even if it isn't directed at anyone. Like I said though, either both of them should be allowed, or neither should.
Find

I think being more hard on the "Be Respectful" rule and less on the "No Racism" rule would be good.

I don't care for the N word in particular especially on the internet but I care a lot more if it's said against somebody especially in a tantrum.

In my time here I've heard every type of slur used against someone with 0 to little repercussions, someone gets rdmed calls them a retard, a faggot, etc (in fact jew is used playfully on this server). Every minor racial thing under the sun is acceptable but as soon as someone says the N word it's an instant permaban (until recently).

That is completely inconsistent at worst and giving off the wrong idea at best. So I'd say that should be worked on.
Find

On an off note, what do you guys think about toxic behavior in reports?

Stuff like: "OMFG YOU RDM'D ME YOU FUCKING FAGGOT".

I'm thinking a new rule(and text on the report menu) stating: Insulting someone in a RDM report will result in the report being closed in favor of the other party. If both parties are toxic, then possibly both will be punished?

Something along those lines.
Find

Isn't that already not allowed?

If someone is just blatantly being a dick in a report, staff just generally close it without punishing anyone.
Find

(07-22-2017, 01:13 AM)Brassx Wrote:  On an off note, what do you guys think about toxic behavior in reports?

I'm thinking a new rule(and text on the report menu) stating: Insulting someone in a RDM report will result in the report being closed in favor of the other party. If both parties are toxic, then possibly both will be punished?

Honestly I thought that the insulting people in reports was like an unspoken rule. Whenever people are rude in reports, I generally give them a warning that they shouldn't be and my decision is weighted towards the other side of the argument. Of course, there's exceptions to that but that's usually what happens.
Find

(07-22-2017, 01:20 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  
(07-22-2017, 01:13 AM)Brassx Wrote:  On an off note, what do you guys think about toxic behavior in reports?

Honestly I thought that the insulting people in reports was like an unspoken rule. Whenever people are rude in reports, I generally give them a warning that they shouldn't be and my decision is weighted towards the other side of the argument. Of course, there's exceptions to that but that's usually what happens.

It's definitely an unspoken rule, but making it an official rule might help with it all around.

Honestly the n word situation isn't really that complicated to me.

Hard r - not allowed at all

Nigga - Allowed as long as there is no ill intent towards another person

I can see other terms needing some clarification, but not this one. I really don't see a problem with the current stance on it.