Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Levels

Are levels going to be implemented? I think it would be a good idea to make it able to be got, maybe even port already made score into levels?
Find

I asked Brassx about the levels in the scoreboard, and he said that there are going to be levels. So.. I don't know about this thread. lol
Find

There will be!

I have so much I need/want to do, and haven't been able to find the time to do them all just yet. Be patient!

I may seek some help from some other coders to just help me get some things done(maybe beaver), but if you know me, you know I like to do things myself.
Find

Ok thanks Brass, but i think it would be a good idea to port the score people have already acquired into xp.
Find

The score people have acquired is saved on an external website(gametracker), so I can't really do that.

What I could do is write a formula to convert playtime into XP, based on an average round time/xp per round. That may give a more 'fair' start to those who have been here awhile.
Find

Ok, but some people get bad score/round and some people get good... I guess if needed that would be good though. Or you could have people manually insert their score and change it into xp if that isnt too hard (i dont know how painstaking that would be).
Find

Better score/min = Better player, it pretty simply comes down to that. Players who idle a lot have bad score/min, so its easy to tell who's more on the item-farming/bad player side and who's better. Makes sense, right?
Find

Yet nobody even mentions about keeping the basic "EXP per kill" method, which has worked pretty well and is the easiest to calculate/use.

Yes EXP per kill is by far the best, and idling time would give them unfair levels... I think we should find some way that we can get the score from game tracker into levels without brass manually putting in everyones score... Any ideas?
Find

You guys know that we'd most definitely have EXP per kill as a thing, but as a "Back-pay" for all the previous "EXP" earned that didn't count he would calculate your score/min into roughly what you should be getting for experience. (Score combined with score/min, etc). Otherwise there would be no "Back-pay". Idling time would NOT give ANYONE unfair levels. Those with less Score/Min will get less "Back-Pay", and later on slower amounts of EXP since they play worse.

Unless I'm wrong, of course, but I don't believe so.
Find