Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Would you like to see an FRG Jailbreak server with an Inventory?
Yes
No.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What new gamemode(s) would you like to see on FRG?

I've been discussing this with Brassx for the last few weeks now, and I think its finally time I made a thread on it. What new gamemode(s) would you like to see FRG host with the inventory system?

Now before you go and comment DarkRP or something similar, keep this in mind, the gamemode should be able to have the inventory added to it without completely changing the flow of the gamemode, while also adding a decent amount of depth to it. An example of a gamemode where the inventory really wouldn't add any depth would be Prop Hunt. Yeah, people could get their loadouts if they aren't props, but that really doesn't change the game enough to really justify having it.

Now personally, I think a Jailbreak server would be our best bet. It could be easily modified to work with the inventory system, and I think overall it would be perceived well by you guys.

What do you guys think?

Also, I just want to make it clear that even if we get more gamemodes, development on TTT or anything else will not be slowed down or halted because of it.
Find

I like the idea of a battle royale gamemode for FRG still using all of our custom stuff. I think if that's a server on its own, it can piggy-back off the current hype of those style games (FortNite/PUBG) and bring in new people who can't run/afford that style of game ignoring that FortNite is free.

- That Thrakos Noob

I don't know... Isn't Jailbreak kind of dead? If we can revive the gamemode that'd be swell but I guess it's an interesting idea...
Find

I think that this would be a good ideal but i would rather have stronghold with stronghold the inventory system would be used more and more freely. just a game mode i think would work really well
FUN ^ 10 x int ^ 40 = ir2

what about a guess who...that seems fun
Find

Jailbreak is too easy to troll on and is a lot more repetitive than TTT, I think it's not worth a server. The battle royal thing from awhile ago would be fun
Find

Stronghold is the best bet, but there's clearly a decline in playerbase. Are you sure the server can handle even more splitting apart?

Either way, Stronghold is all about weapons and there is less need for admins to be on at all times. There aren't much rules and I know that there's a good amount of maps for it already, only problem is you're also competing with other servers which also are dying to get new players to play.

I looked at 4:24pm on friday for jailbreak servers and I saw 130 players, that's not much when a good chunk of them might be dedicated to their own servers. Beats Stronghold's ~0 players, but I find more people ideally trying to ruin jailbreak's multiple rules very common.

I love the battle royale idea and seeing as they are rising in popularity it would definitely be very enjoyable, I have played a few gmod dayz servers along with most battleground-like games and believe the idea would be great for FRG to add on to the hype and enjoyment of these types of game modes
Find

How about a battle royale zombie survival hybrid gamemode?
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

(10-13-2017, 08:30 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  Stronghold is the best bet, but there's clearly a decline in playerbase. Are you sure the server can handle even more splitting apart?

Either way, Stronghold is all about weapons and there is less need for admins to be on at all times. There aren't much rules and I know that there's a good amount of maps for it already, only problem is you're also competing with other servers which also are dying to get new players to play.

I looked at 4:24pm on friday for jailbreak servers and I saw 130 players, that's not much when a good chunk of them might be dedicated to their own servers. Beats Stronghold's ~0 players, but I find more people ideally trying to ruin jailbreak's multiple rules very common.

Stronghold always had a decline in playerbase. It gets boring as soon as you get to buy an AK or AWP permanently. Jailbreak might be harder to moderator or keep people in line but Jailbreak use to be super popular when someone remade it and had 6-8 of their servers constantly populated for two years.
Find