Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

VERY FUCKING IMPORTANT

Exclamation 
Quoted from the New York Times:
"The Federal Communications Commission released a plan on Tuesday to dismantle landmark regulations that ensure equal access to the internet, clearing the way for internet service companies to charge users more to see certain content and to curb access to some websites.

The proposal, made by the F.C.C. chairman, Ajit Pai, is a sweeping repeal of rules put in place by the Obama administration. The rules prohibit high-speed internet service providers, or I.S.P.s, from stopping or slowing down the delivery of websites. They also prevent the companies from charging customers extra fees for high-quality streaming and other services."

This is very fucking important. Our freedom to do what we want, when we want on the internet is in jeopardy because of greedy fuckers. I assume that most of you use the internet every day. This could affect not only how we use the internet, but our very way of life. It would basically turn ISPs into internet gatekeepers, putting stuff behind a paywall, or even simply limiting what you're allowed to view on the internet. This may even affect FRG as a whole, as well as a lot of other gaming communities.

How do we help stop it?
Call or write in. This website makes it easy.
https://www.battleforthenet.com/

Remember, our freedom is at stake, and if you don't take action, the internet is gonna get a lot less fun when the 14th comes.
Thank you for your time.

P.S.: The ability to control the information the public sees is some orwellian shit like damn

How bout you pay the money for the internet service you need not want. I think this is great idea
Minehuis: Pancakes
Rangerdanger0: Waffles
Rangerdanger0: lol rekt

(11-22-2017, 11:51 PM)Minehuis Wrote:  How bout you pay the money for the internet service you need not want. I think this is great idea

I want the internet. I dont want Netflix (For only $23.99 a month extra!) and Steam (access costs another $10 a month), FRG (for a measly $11 dollars! Wow!), and high quality video streaming (for just $43.79?)
Find

ok lets not start this
Find

(11-22-2017, 11:54 PM)Celery God Wrote:  
(11-22-2017, 11:51 PM)Minehuis Wrote:  How bout you pay the money for the internet service you need not want. I think this is great idea

I want the internet. I dont want Netflix (For only $23.99 a month extra!) and Steam (access costs another $10 a month), FRG (for a measly $11 dollars! Wow!), and high quality video streaming (for just $43.79?)

Or you build your own internet ever though of that? Get a job? Its time for America to change from the liberal ways
Minehuis: Pancakes
Rangerdanger0: Waffles
Rangerdanger0: lol rekt

L E T S N O T
Find

(11-22-2017, 11:59 PM)Minehuis Wrote:  
(11-22-2017, 11:54 PM)Celery God Wrote:  

Or you build your own internet ever though of that? Get a job? Its time for America to change from the liberal ways

Remember, this whole thing doesn't just mean you have to pay for more things, it also means a lot of things can be made inaccessible by your ISP. This isn't just America, either, this is the world.
I, for one, really don't want corporations controlling what I can see and what I can't.

Next up: Thread locked.
Find

L E T U S N O T P L Z
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠉⠒⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢧⠔⣉⠤⠒⠒⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣆
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⠀⠀⣤⠶⠶⢶⡄
⠀⣀⠤⠒⢺⠒⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠤⠊⠀⢸⠀⡿⠀⡀⠀⣀
⠀⠀⣠⠴⠚⢯⡀⠐⠒⠚⠉⠀⢶⠂⠀⣀⠜⠀⢿⡀⠉⠚⠉⣠
⠀⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙  ⣴⠒⠒⣲⢔⠉⠉⣹⣞⣉⣈⠿⢦⣀

Find

(11-23-2017, 12:01 AM)Kcat Wrote:  L E T S N O T
When a dragon round begins.

Find

Hang on, I'm actually confused how anyone could be against net neutrality.... Can you explain to me why you would want to pay different fees to use different websites? Here is an example of what could happen. This is what Portugal currently has to deal with.

I am legitimately asking, not looking to argue or cause any debates. I just want to understand your point of view.