Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Harpoons

I don't see a point in using throwing knives anymore when you can just buy a harpoon and be 100 times more effective with it.

Harpoons one hit basically anywhere on the body, have extreme accuracy, extreme range, extremely fast travel time, you can buy MULTIPLE of them, and they have almost instant pull out time(you can't throw a knife until around 1-2 seconds after you pull it out) as seen here in the code for them:

Code:
function SWEP:Equip()
  self.Weapon:SetNextPrimaryFire( CurTime() + (self.Primary.Delay * 1.5) )
  self.Weapon:SetNextSecondaryFire( CurTime() + (self.Secondary.Delay * 1.5) )
end

If you compare the two it is insane how much better the harpoon is.

I personally think the harpoon should be changed to do 45~ damage and allow people to pick them back up instead. At this point they're just an extremely better throwing knife.

After reading some of the comments in this thread, I just think the pullout time should be increased by double or triple what it currently is, and make it have a charge for the throw which will determine how much damage it will do on hit.

inb4 casual game comment
Find

I see this as a problem of knives being bad than the harpoon being too good. Half the melees on this server do better damage than the knife it's only advantage is silence.

Why would you ever use the harpoon over a rifle or a deagle if it only did 45 damage. It's slow cumbersome and incredibly obvious to use.

Traitor weapons shouldn't be balanced to each other they should be balanced to actually be viable to the power level of other things on the server. The knife clearly isn't since no one used it before the harpoon was even added.

Edit: I propose knives should instakill with backstabs. This server actually uses a weaker version of the vanilla knife outside of the movement speed. Most of even vanilla servers already do this.

-1 Lets keep it the way it is, but maybe fix the pull out time or make it longer to throw, OR have a charge time for more damage or to get a further range kill.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

I think it’s awesome and the only change that needsa be made is it should pin bodies to surfaces Big Grin

- That Thrakos Noob

(01-22-2018, 09:28 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  I don't see a point in using throwing knives anymore when you can just buy a harpoon and be 100 times more effective with it.

Harpoons one hit basically anywhere on the body, have extreme accuracy, extreme range, extremely fast travel time, you can buy MULTIPLE of them, and they have almost instant pull out time(you can't throw a knife until around 1-2 seconds after you pull it out) as seen here in the code for them:

Code:
function SWEP:Equip()
  self.Weapon:SetNextPrimaryFire( CurTime() + (self.Primary.Delay * 1.5) )
  self.Weapon:SetNextSecondaryFire( CurTime() + (self.Secondary.Delay * 1.5) )
end

If you compare the two it is insane how much better the harpoon is.

The harpoon should be changed to do 45~ damage and allow people to pick them back up instead. At this point they're just an extremely better throwing knife.

inb4 casual game comment

Casual game comment.

Only problem I've had with the harpoons when I was a detective and went into the corner of a stairway and was basically one shot without any sort of notice by a harpoon, I didn't see any animation and it seemed instant. The worst part was I was near a group of people ~30 feet away and nobody heard it.

I think it would be okay to be that powerful if it was loud(er), or if it did split damage (once on impact and once when it pushes you and you stop).
Find

(01-22-2018, 09:36 PM)Hala Wrote:  -1 Lets keep it the way it is, but maybe fix the pull out time or make it longer to throw, OR have a charge time for more damage or to get a further range kill.

this.

It should stay one hit kill, otherwise nobody would use it when u can just deagle someone in the face. I say increase the pullout time though it pulls out and throws retardedly fast. The charge time is also a good idea.
Find

Knives give you that sick speedboost and I feel like its a "humiliation" sort of kill. Lord knows Kheyre gets me with them every time.
I haven't actually died many times to the 'poon, but yeah, going off this thread it shouldn't be nerfed, just made a bit more obvious. Strong T weapons need a downside. Not turtle nades tho, buff pls.
Find

That's reasonable. I just think they're extremely strong for what they are.

Increased pullout time and charge would work for me.
Find

+1 to change. All today, awesome and a few other people have just been going all out with buying harpoons. I think it would be refreshing if it was only once in a while seeing it, but it got old fast and I can't even kos them fast enough for holding it.
Find