Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Allow all stats to drop

(02-14-2015, 02:20 AM)Terran Wrote:  What if, instead, each higher tier acted as a modifier?

Let's say that Averages just give the same charge boost as what it says. But the tier above that could be x2. The next one x3. Then x4. x5.

?

Maybe, bit I would say increments of .5x.. With like a max of at least below 5x
Find

Decent can have these possible stats:
Firerate 2 - 5
Damage(always has) 2 - 4
Accuracy(always has) -5 - -10
Mobility 1 - 3
Clip 1 - 3

Min number of stats 2
Max number of stats 4(used to be 3)

Adequate is similar:
Firerate 5 - 7
Damage(always has) 3 - 6
Accuracy 3 - 9
Mobility(always has) 1 - 8
Clip -1

Min number of stats 3(was 2)
Max number of stats 4

Most tiers continue somewhat like this. They are required to have a specified downside and upside. But then, there's a chance for it to have extra stats, which are positive! The chance can't be changed, because it literally picks a random range with no rarity value. I.e. it will pick a random number between 3 and 4 and round it to choose how many stats the item will have!
Find

(02-14-2015, 08:12 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Decent can have these possible stats:
Firerate 2 - 5
Damage(always has) 2 - 4
Mobility 1 - 3
Clip 1 - 3

Min number of stats 2

Adequate is similar:
Firerate 5 - 7
Damage(always has) 3 - 6
Accuracy 3 - 9
Clip -1

Max number of stats 4

Most tiers continue somewhat like this. They are required to have a specified downside and upside. But then, there's a chance for it to have extra stats, which are positive! The chance can't be changed, because it literally picks a random range with no rarity value. I.e. it will pick a random number between 3 and 4 and round it to choose how many stats the item will have!

But can't other types of stat appear?
Like decents/standards to be able to drop with +recoil, accuracy, reload or so?

I would find it more useful to drop a standard with +recoil or +firerate & -damage than the usual +damage & -accuracy / -recoil / -firerate

Offtopic, but which tier is thereotically better?
Distinguished or Vakarian?
Distinguished has -25 firerate & -8 mobility, whilst Vakarian has -28 firerate & -5 mobility.
Excluding those stats, which tier's supposed to be better?

(02-14-2015, 08:22 PM)Bottle4 Wrote:  
Firerate 2 - 5
Damage(always has) 2 - 4
Mobility 1 - 3
Clip 1 - 3

Min number of stats 2

Adequate is similar:
Firerate 5 - 7
Damage(always has) 3 - 6
Accuracy 3 - 9
Clip -1

Max number of stats 4

I would find it more useful to drop a standard with +recoil or +firerate & -damage than the usual +damage & -accuracy / -recoil / -firerate

Yes, as I've stated, it has a random range of stats that can appear, only to an extent. But it requires 2 of the same stat. That's something that helps define a tier, and how I planned to have the system. It may not be as good for crystals, but the possible stats you need are still there, and there's a lower-tiered item that has pretty much every stat you need to charge anything.

Quote:

Distinguished has -25 firerate & -8 mobility, whilst Vakarian has -28 firerate & -5 mobility.

That's subjective. There isn't really supposed to be a better weapon between two that are close. One MAY be more rare, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's better.

It's up to personal taste, that is, which one you may prefer more. Everything has a slightly different play style to it, due to the tiers having different stat spreads, with downsides, etc. This allows a player to find a Tier that suits their play style.

i.e. if a person LOVES to rush at people, guns blazing, as fast as they can! They would likely enjoy the Lightweight tier, due to the mobility.
Find

(02-14-2015, 08:40 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
Firerate 2 - 5
Damage(always has) 2 - 4
Mobility 1 - 3
Clip 1 - 3

Min number of stats 2

Adequate is similar:
Firerate 5 - 7
Damage(always has) 3 - 6
Accuracy 3 - 9
Clip -1

Max number of stats 4

Yes, as I've stated, it has a random range of stats that can appear, only to an extent. But it requires 2 of the same stat. That's something that helps define a tier, and how I planned to have the system. It may not be as good for crystals, but the possible stats you need are still there, and there's a lower-tiered item that has pretty much every stat you need to charge anything.

Quote:

That's subjective. There isn't really supposed to be a better weapon between two that are close. One MAY be more rare, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's better.

It's up to personal taste, that is, which one you may prefer more. Everything has a slightly different play style to it, due to the tiers having different stat spreads, with downsides, etc. This allows a player to find a Tier that suits their play style.

i.e. if a person LOVES to rush at people, guns blazing, as fast as they can! They would likely enjoy the Lightweight tier, due to the mobility.

Alright then, I guess.

But my point of the distinguished & vakarian tier is if there's some comparison info - what are both tier's Minimum & maximum stats & percentage of stats? Which tier has more DMG, which - lesser accuracy, etc.
The only major difference I've noticed is that the vakarian has 7 stats - +reload, that's missing on distinguished - 6 stats.

(02-14-2015, 08:45 PM)Bottle4 Wrote:  
Firerate 2 - 5
Damage(always has) 2 - 4
Mobility 1 - 3
Clip 1 - 3

Min number of stats 2

Adequate is similar:
Firerate 5 - 7
Damage(always has) 3 - 6
Accuracy 3 - 9
Clip -1

Max number of stats 4

Quote:

Alright then, I guess.

But my point of the distinguished & vakarian tier is if there's some comparison info - what are both tier's Minimum & maximum stats & percentage of stats? Which tier has more DMG, which - lesser accuracy, etc.
The only major difference I've noticed is that the vakarian has 7 stats - +reload, that's missing on distinguished - 6 stats.

Personal preference, to me, alot of unlikelys i would use over some rares... Just use whatever has the stats you like... There's really no set "This is better"
Find

(02-15-2015, 12:24 AM){PSG} Maximus3131 Wrote:  
Firerate 2 - 5
Damage(always has) 2 - 4
Mobility 1 - 3
Clip 1 - 3

Min number of stats 2

Adequate is similar:
Firerate 5 - 7
Damage(always has) 3 - 6
Accuracy 3 - 9
Clip -1

Max number of stats 4

Quote:

Alright then, I guess.

Personal preference, to me, alot of unlikelys i would use over some rares... Just use whatever has the stats you like... There's really no set "This is better"

There are better sets than others - the problem is, I really want to do a comparison between vakarians = distinguished in stat range, but I don't have a ddistinguished to do that, so that's why I'm asking for minimum & maximum +-% stats.

(02-15-2015, 05:39 AM)Bottle4 Wrote:  
(02-15-2015, 12:24 AM){PSG} Maximus3131 Wrote:  
(02-14-2015, 08:22 PM)Bottle4 Wrote:  But can't other types of stat appear?

Quote:

Alright then, I guess.

There are better sets than others - the problem is, I really want to do a comparison between vakarians = distinguished in stat range, but I don't have a ddistinguished to do that, so that's why I'm asking for minimum & maximum +-% stats.

O I see
Find