Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

uhhhh runescape

i kinda want to get into runescape, i have no idea what it is, or how to play it, or which one to get i guess, i hear talk of it around the discord alot so i want to be able to join in on these conversations and kinda just runescape in general, can anyone help...
chainy, chany, cheeny, cheesey, cheese, chebby, cheddy, kenny, chad, jeremy bentknee, bently, chendy bedendy, cheny deddy
Find

Runescape is more of a nostalgia meme at this point tbh

If you weren't playing it back in the day its not really worth getting into.

if you want a good mmorpg id recommend guild wars 2 (or 1 if you want but the stories barely collide so it doesnt matter too much)

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

I heard Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy is a good mmorpg
Find

In my opinion unless you're not willing to pay for the membership it's not worth it. Membership unlocks 75% of the game allows for more content and removes various restrictions. At this point wouldn't recommend playing unless you've played long before. Not to mention with the keyloggers, scammers and bots, you'll most likely get your get your account hijacked. Needless to say I'd try free to play if you want to still try it. SO download a client called OSbuddy if you want to try, good luck and have fun!
Find

I played Runescape first in around 2004 I believe, maybe 2005. Its a game that would require nostalgia. Admittedly, both RS3 and OSRS (Old-School Runescape) still have very large player-bases, but you have to decide which one you'd be interested in; - OSRS is a constantly-updated, maintained version of the game from 2007 onwards, without the changes implemented into RS3 (Runescape 3). I assume youths of your era and age are better educated by videos than words, so here are a few OSRS youtubers:

https://www.youtube.com/user/EraserGaming/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/TorvestaRS/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/ThirdAgeFilm/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFXjcgTVt06R-4bsAv99a7w/videos

You'll have to decide your own opinion there.
Find

Runescape is hard to get into in this day and age, It's one of the grindiest games on the internet and leveling skills requires doing the same action hundreds of thousands of times.

(04-05-2018, 05:14 PM)Terran Wrote:  I assume youths of your era and age are better educated by videos than words

damn terran you're already talking like a 70 year old
Find

As someone who played more than his fair share of Runescape I can tell you the glory days of hopping on right after school and doing literally anything are far gone.

Runescape/OSRS in general are a lot less casual now, everything is about efficiency. You set your goals and then grind them out, XP/hr and GP/hr are what is most important to everyone it seems like.

With that in mind, they're both great games to play but it's a huge time commitment to get anywhere in the game.

The main differences between both games is the focus each game puts on each activity you can do.

RS3 is all about PVM, skilling, with community and quests taking minor roles. It's an older game so the extremes are even more extreme, being maxed in level is considered normal. The real cool stuff is super high end, costing billions of GP or many hours to accomplish(yes you can spend real life $ but fuck pay to win). I'd recommend joining a clan or some group to really enjoy the game. I'm a completionist/lore nerd so I much prefer this version.

OSRS puts the main focus on PKing and PVM, with skilling/minigames taking minor roles. It's a relatively newer game so a lot of the stuff is still in its' infancy but has a lot of really cool things already like Raids and the Inferno, and new areas like Zeah. In this game it has a massive community but you're better off learning how to do things solo, maxing out your skills isn't necessary by any means.
Find

(04-05-2018, 10:01 PM)Kuro Wrote:  As someone who played more than his fair share of Runescape I can tell you the glory days of hopping on right after school and doing literally anything are far gone.

Runescape/OSRS in general are a lot less casual now, everything is about efficiency. You set your goals and then grind them out, XP/hr and GP/hr are what is most important to everyone it seems like.

With that in mind, they're both great games to play but it's a huge time commitment to get anywhere in the game.

The main differences between both games is the focus each game puts on each activity you can do.

RS3 is all about PVM, skilling, with community and quests taking minor roles. It's an older game so the extremes are even more extreme, being maxed in level is considered normal. The real cool stuff is super high end, costing billions of GP or many hours to accomplish(yes you can spend real life $ but fuck pay to win). I'd recommend joining a clan or some group to really enjoy the game. I'm a completionist/lore nerd so I much prefer this version.

OSRS puts the main focus on PKing and PVM, with skilling/minigames taking minor roles. It's a relatively newer game so a lot of the stuff is still in its' infancy but has a lot of really cool things already like Raids and the Inferno, and new areas like Zeah. In this game it has a massive community but you're better off learning how to do things solo, maxing out your skills isn't necessary by any means.

Find