Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

To keep staff active

I suggest that if a staff member doesn't play or is inactive for 2 weeks without posting an away thread (aka leaving without warning) they should be demoted. If they come back they could have the chance to make a demote appeal in a part of the forums in which if the demote appeal has support the person may be reprinted to their original rank. Doing so would keep inactive staff gone and make more room for promoting more active staff. (We already have a few mods that rarely play or don't play at all.)

(02-19-2015, 06:49 PM)McNuggie Wrote:  I suggest that if a staff member doesn't play or is inactive for 2 weeks without posting an away thread (aka leaving without warning) they should be demoted. If they come back they could have the chance to make a demote appeal in a part of the forums in which if the demote appeal has support the person may be reprinted to their original rank. Doing so would keep inactive staff gone and make more room for promoting more active staff. (We already have a few mods that rarely play or don't play at all.)

Definately, too many people with some never playing in weeks clogging up the slots for active people.
Find

i think a two weeks is a too little amount of time.

Maybe 2 1/2 weeks - a month would probably be better.
Find

(02-19-2015, 10:26 PM)TobiasX Wrote:  i think a two weeks is a too little amount of time.

For what reason should someone disappear for 2 weeks without any warning?

It's not that hard to make an away/offline post stating why you'll be gone and how long, instead of dissappearing.
Find

(02-19-2015, 10:28 PM)McNuggie Wrote:  
(02-19-2015, 10:26 PM)TobiasX Wrote:  i think a two weeks is a too little amount of time.

It's not that hard to make an away/offline post stating why you'll be gone and how long, instead of dissappearing.

Family Emergency, Losing Power, Getting Grounded, He/She is in the hospital, I can go on forever.
Find

(02-19-2015, 10:32 PM)TobiasX Wrote:  

Family Emergency, Losing Power, Getting Grounded, He/She is in the hospital, I can go on forever.

Which is when the case of making a demote appeal comes into play.
Find

(02-19-2015, 10:33 PM)McNuggie Wrote:  
(02-19-2015, 10:32 PM)TobiasX Wrote:  

Which is when the case of making a demote appeal comes into play.

errr. seems a bit unfair. I mean, it is a good idea in all, but I just think the time should be extended.
Find

(02-19-2015, 07:04 PM){PSG} Maximus3131 Wrote:  
(02-19-2015, 06:49 PM)McNuggie Wrote:  I suggest that if a staff member doesn't play or is inactive for 2 weeks without posting an away thread (aka leaving without warning) they should be demoted. If they come back they could have the chance to make a demote appeal in a part of the forums in which if the demote appeal has support the person may be reprinted to their original rank. Doing so would keep inactive staff gone and make more room for promoting more active staff. (We already have a few mods that rarely play or don't play at all.)

Definately, too many people with some never playing in weeks clogging up the slots for active people.

Ehh.. I disagree. I hate that this mindset that has emerged from NTG..

Inactive staff are not hurting any possibilities at active staff being promoted. There is NO set limit on how many of each staff there can be, demoting inactive staff doesn't really contribute to the server in any way, especially if that inactive staff member actually did good at it. I'm not against demoting inactive people, but I'm also not against someone that goes inactive, but did good at their position keeping their rank.

I understand maybe using this as an incentive to try and keep staff active though.(although it may add more stress somehow)
Find

(02-19-2015, 10:35 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(02-19-2015, 07:04 PM){PSG} Maximus3131 Wrote:  

Ehh.. I disagree. I hate that this mindset that has emerged from NTG..

Inactive staff are not hurting any possibilities at active staff being promoted.  There is NO set limit on how many of each staff there can be, demoting inactive staff doesn't really contribute to the server in any way, especially if that inactive staff member actually did good at it. I'm not against demoting inactive people, but I'm also not against someone that goes inactive, but did good at their position keeping their rank.

I understand maybe using this as an incentive to try and keep staff active though.(although it may add more stress somehow)

I guess, I see where your coming from, maybe not then...
Find